What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have ignition :lol: :Y:
1628327589_20210807_191016_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Uploaded digital in computer from camera this afternoon... suppose import would be more correct, but it got the job done. Watched recently, exploring McKenzie watershed New South Wales on PBS TV. They got a huge winged ant on camera, turned coming at them. Interesting to me because, I found a giant winged ant on our screen door. Have been going crazy snapping pics around home all summer. Here is the critter.

1628468983_winged_ant04_sml.jpg

LoneWolf said:
I thought 'Winged Ants' were new Queens?????

What-ever they are, they look mean... :D

LW...
Google the answer, always faster than to speculate. :D :coffee: 8.(

https://www.alliancepestservices.com/blog/what-are-winged-ants-and-why-do-they-swarm

Winged ants are a common sight in summer. Great swarms of winged ants will appear suddenly from existing ant colonies and fly around. It is during these swarms that the ants will mate and the resulting new queens are the source of new colonies.

Just got done unloading my camera to laptop again. Today bees were swarming all over the flowers... crazy weather must be affecting them Blame it on the weather, seems out of control this year! :poop:

AKA_RedRimmed_Desert said:
Just got done unloading my camera to laptop again. Today bees were swarming all over the flowers... crazy weather must be affecting them Blame it on the weather, seems out of control this year! :poop:
I'd blame the flowers just for being there n open :D

Latest posts