Western Creek again

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig'n-it said:
Doug & Carol
So glad Jack has turned up. :Y: Would have been extremely difficult to head off without him, especially with the high heat.
Congrats on the gold. You're so lucky to be so close to it. Cheers Andy

Hi Andy,

It would be better if it was closer than a 5.5 hour drive. But it's still good to get out bush away from town.

Cheers

Doug and Carol

Doug wrapped you got your mate back :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: ............... as for the station owners Western Creek, Long Gully and Dells Hole you just don't get better people. Personally for me the gold I've found in the friends I've made up there cant be weighed on scales :)
Want to move up there but the boss just doesn't revel in the isolation as I do ..................... bugger it ;) As for the 5.5 hour drive I'd still have about 12 to go 8.(

Bogger said:
Doug wrapped you got your mate back :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: ............... as for the station owners Western Creek, Long Gully and Dells Hole you just don't get better people. Personally for me the gold I've found in the friends I've made up there cant be weighed on scales :)
Want to move up there but the boss just doesn't revel in the isolation as I do ..................... bugger it ;) As for the 5.5 hour drive I'd still have about 12 to go 8.(

Totally agree with you there Bogger, great country hospitality and just down right good people.

Cheers

Doug

BigWave said:
Hey Douy, great news re Jack mate.
Maybe he was just keeping an eye on your Madagascan mate in the tree?

You may be right Pete, I was wandering why Jack was behaving differently. Larry does not get on with Jack. Didn't notice him there until you mentioned it. He must have skipped home again and out to nick all my gold sites again. :mad:

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that little gold stealing lemur.

Cheers

Doug

Doug good stuff ...................... you must have surely been tempted to have a swing whilst there ? But then as we know that would probably run into days ;) I'd assume also it's stinking hot there at the moment ?

Bogger said:
Doug good stuff ...................... you must have surely been tempted to have a swing whilst there ? But then as we know that would probably run into days ;) I'd assume also it's stinking hot there at the moment ?

Yeh Bogger,

High 30's/ low 40's. Purposely didn't put the detector in or any camping gear. I have to get back down to work now.

Cheers

Doug

BigWave said:
What a round trip for you:Y:
You must really love old Jacky boy!
1,100k return?
Did you find that thieving "Larry the Lemur"?

Still keeping an eye out for him. If I do find him I will be getting him extradited back home and also giving Border Force an ear full for letting him get back into the country.

Maybe he might go down your way Pete and get sweeped away in the floods.

Cheers

Doug

Hey Doug, I just read your story and tears in my eyes. Then realised that the story wasn't over,silly me, and so glad you have your mate back. That is a blessing.
So glad he was ok.
Good boy Jack.
Kind Regards
Mackka :Y: :Y: :Y: :) :)

Great photos Doug, have been on the receiving end of some shared stories of Western Creek and your photos give them some better context.

Love those big flakey sheet nuggets, they must give off a delightful scream as they come out of the ground.

Would be a nice mound to run through a dry blower, with the hound dog by your side. Great to hear you will be reunited.

Wally69 said:
Great photos Doug, have been on the receiving end of some shared stories of Western Creek and your photos give them some better context.

Love those big flakey sheet nuggets, they must give off a delightful scream as they come out of the ground.

Would be a nice mound to run through a dry blower, with the hound dog by your side. Great to hear you will be reunited.

Hi Wally,

Yes that piece of leaf gold sent the GM1000 right off, couldn't miss that one. It was down about 100 mm.

On a different note, I was lucky to see a piece of reef quartz with fine gold speckled throughout it. A GPZ 7000 could not pick it up (Maybe settings) but the SDC & the GM1000 (large coil) went ballistic as soon as they got near it. Before you ask, no other details will be given about the specie. :|

As for the mound, I'll run a GPZ over it sometime but I reckon I got it all. Don't feel like swinging a banjo in 40 degree heat. :N:

Jack is now sitting at home being pampered. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts