Western Creek again

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockhunter62 said:
The ute and trailer are packed and I'm out of here at midnight. :Y: :) :Y: :) :Y: :)

Cheers

Doug

I should see you up there Sunday Doug. Probably not to many up there this time of year?

Cheers
Peter

Hi Gary,

Still running the sdc but I have to send it back for some repairs as it is playing up a bit. Found 4 small bits totalling 0.8 gm. Will post a photo shortly.

Hope Buddy has been sniffing up the gold for you.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,
With the SDC out of action, I'd really like your opinion of the Gold Monster - don't care if it's trashy or upbeat. Your opinion is an independent is one that I'd strongly listen to.
Hope you're doing well mate :Y:

Here is the finds for the weekend.

1506927777_octobergold.jpg

The wee little one bottom right went 0.11gm and was where I found some nuggets before. Heard a slight noise and persisted in digging it. Was found about 75mm down in clay. :Y:

Would of liked to stay longer but the sdc was playing up.

Cheers

Doug

BigWave said:
Hi Doug,
With the SDC out of action, I'd really like your opinion of the Gold Monster - don't care if it's trashy or upbeat. Your opinion is an independent is one that I'd strongly listen to.
Hope you're doing well mate :Y:

Hi Pete,

I only got to try the GM for about 15 minutes last weekend. Having used the zed and the sdc (both pi machines) then trying the GM is like going from a ferrari :) back to a model t ford. :( The gm always sounded like it had a loose connection somewhere. Checked coil cable to head unit but that was secure. Giving signals when nothing is there. Don't bump coil either (maybe something loose inside).

Noticed it would give an iron signal to the left swing and gold signal on the right swing but would only be a rock. :/ Had sensitivity down about 6 so I couldn't find all the rocks.

Discrimination worked well, I didn't have to listen to all the false signals. Checked a lot of signals with the sdc (before it played up) Only to find nothing. SDC sensitivity on 5 and threshold on max, 1-2 red leds showing (super sucker mode).

Still early days but at this stage I have absolutely no confidence in the gm. :( It may get relegated to beach work only. I'll give it a run down there over my next break.

For a beginner with no experience I think that they would be better to try something else. We have not got our moneys worth out of this machine. For us who have used PI machines the GM is nothing but an expensive toy.

This is only my thoughts and opinions and I will endeavour to work this machine out in the near future. For those who are using the GM successfully congratulations. :Y: I haven't given up on it yet.

Hope this helps Pete.

Cheers

Doug

BigWave said:
Bourbons mate - Bourbons :lol:
Even at 75mm, that's good detecting - can't be much wrong with the SDC.
We also had another solar storm whilst you were out there.

Talked to the Minelab tech and he believes that it may be an threshold problem when getting too hot. He will put it in the oven and check it out. :Y:

The solar storm came over like lightning does. Indiscriminate background scatter.

Cheers

Doug

Was good to catch up briefly at WC Doug, hope you get the SDC problem sorted. Well you did better than me using the ZED, one for 0.30.
I ended up leaving early as well, couldn't handle the heat I was the last to leave out of three other camps yesterday, to my knowledge the camp is empty at the moment.
Sadly I wont be out again until about May next year. Cheers for now.

Peter

Yes she's pretty hot all right ................... was dawn to midday then back to sit out the rest of the day in the air con :p
Came home with bottom half of legs white from wearing the gaiters and the rest black. Speaking of gaiters .............. Brownie from WC, Kev from DH and Noel from LG are all sporting the latest in gaiters courtesy of Dean from DD Leather. :Y: The guys are pretty impressed with the leg protection offered by Deans gear.

Had the usual great time up there pocketing a nice little assortment of the golden type :Y: Fixed a few bikes and vehicles which is always appreciated by Noel and Kev and even hand printed a calf so I'm told and will be interested to see if he remembers me when next back and that I will be as the hospitality I'm shown every time is second to none.
Oh and ya can't beat the views ...................... I could wake up to this every morning no problem

1507541597_long_gully_out_the_back_door.jpg

1507541824_dells_hole_sep_17_2.jpg

And of course the infamous Cocker Rock complete with quartz ring

1507542128_cocker_rock.jpg

Latest posts