Western Australia (WA) Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to hear that some people are getting some good rain...

I was amazed today when I was at the shops and overheard a conversation about how they wished the rain would go away... Some just don't realise how tough some have been doing it lately....

I hope the areas affected with the fires get a decent drop to help put these fires out... Or at least put a bit of water in their tanks...

LW....

Rang a woman in Sydney last week to thank her for getting us a 5000 gallon tank in before Christmas and spoke to her about the fires, told her we had fuel, generators, pumps, drinking water and food sufficient for over a week, her answer was "why would you need all that". Asked if she was aware of the fires and she said she was, but surely what we had was a bit overboard seeing that you could just duck down to the shops and get food or petrol when ever you wanted. She had no idea that roads were blocked nor the problems that were going on all over the country, just totally stunned me that people could not notice just what was going on at the time. :awful: :awful:

Just had 16mm in a thunderstorm, more to come tonight, all rain most welcome. :Y: :Y:

Graham

madtuna said:
WOOT!!!!!! I finally have a lawn!! :D :Y:

https://i.imgur.com/TZjppN4.jpg

Now to put a fence around to keep the wild life away

Better dust the cobwebs off the ride-on MT, you don't want it to get out of control :lol:

But seriously, it surprising how so little put a smile on the dial :)

Hope there's heaps more on the way

Just read in today's West Australian that Carnegie Station and others have had record rain as the result of cyclone Blake.
Brought back memories of our trip back in 2005 when we were trying to follow a theory on Lasseters Lost Reef.
We got as far as Rawlinson Range/Schwerin Crescent and were turned back by the heaviest rain since 1923. Eight years prior to Lasseters death.
We traveled out via the Great Central Road and returned to Wiluna along the Gunbarrel Hwy, camping overnight at Carnegie Station. It was a very muddy slippery journey.
I recall the manager telling us they had had more rain overnight than for the past 18 months. Cattle were dying from thirst and starvation and she commented now they will get stuck in the mud?
25 years later they are going through the same.

We left this plaque on top of Schwerin Murel Crescent/ Withers Pass. Mt Johnno is away to the North over my left shoulder that was the direction we were to be heading.

1579164317_archivepotos768.jpg

1579164410_archivepotos840.jpg

A very wet Gunbarrel Hwy.

1579164361_archivepotos818.jpg

Was a relief to get back on almost dry ground just East of Wiluna

1579164725_archivepotos821.jpg

sand surfer said:
zip here also ,talking to a mate last night his son lives 2km as the crow flies from me, he got 38mm i got 9mm go figure :/

Localised summer storms it's been happening since day dot. We've had similar reports around here. Can't say how much we've had because I haven't replaced the rain gauge since the grand kids used it as a digging implement in the sand pit :( that's the 2nd one now :8 little critters.

1579253036_8a90600a-937f-433f-a2c7-22364264114b.jpg
Rockhunter62 said:
madtuna said:
WOOT!!!!!! I finally have a lawn!! :D :Y:

https://i.imgur.com/TZjppN4.jpg

Now to put a fence around to keep the wild life away

Carol is proud of you mate, have you given it a name yet?

Cheers

Doug and Carol
Waiting waiting. I really do think it needs a name. I have some relatives here eager to meet the new family member.

Latest posts