Website warning?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the Goldsearch web site? I just tried to access it and got this warning from my antivirus program.

McAfee WebAdvisor
Warning: Trouble ahead
Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/wh... may try to steal your information.

Why were you redirected to this page?
When we visited this site, we found it may be designed to trick you into submitting your financial or personal information to online scammers. This is a serious security threat which could lead to identity theft, financial losses or unauthorized use of your personal information.
Accept the RiskBack
View Site Report

The link that came up with the problem was through their ebay page, going direct to their site seems OK. I will give them a call early in the week and let them know.

Very simple. Whenever I get a warning from any intended site, I just crash it and I don't go back.

No matter how careful you are, you may still get caught. I did. Got an urgent message from my bank about a transaction on my card. They immediately froze my account and card. It was a bit inconvenient but effective. I haven't been able to track down what transaction I made where someone might have hacked my card number. But once I talked to my bank, they are issuing a new card, and they have refunded the money taken from my account.

I'm telling you this because, no matter how careful you are, and I am, you can still get caught. By the way, just for interest, it was my Westpac account.

So whether it is bank stuff, surfing the web, even websites you've been to before, and emails - they are bad, if I sense anything amiss, I'm out of there. All just my opinion, but if it helps people that's great.

You all have your Win 10, browser settings, antivirus set to max lol.

The site is clean, if you cant work that out you shouldnt be playing outside of school :p

Numb_Thumb said:
You all have your Win 10, browser settings, antivirus set to max lol.

The site is clean, if you cant work that out you shouldnt be playing outside of school :p

I am sure you are much more computer virus literate than the people that designed and wrote the McAfee Antivirus Program but I think I will still heed the warning and report it to Goldsearch Australia.

Probably just a dodgy google add causing a false positive.

Maybe you should have just let the guys at Goldsearch know first before placing on an open forum.
They're a small business and really don't need any bad press when it's likely not there fault.

LC76 said:
Probably just a dodgy google add causing a false positive.

Maybe you should have just let the guys at Goldsearch know first before placing on an open forum.
They're a small business and really don't need any bad press when it's likely not there fault.

They are closed for the weekend mate otherwise I would have called them. The reason for putting it up here was to warn people of a possible problem with their website, not their business. They are a good business but that does not protect them from being hacked, just like any other business.

Latest posts