NT Prospecting - Warning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone planning on prospecting up in the Northern Territory,

be aware we have NT mines "hit men" out. Also some leases are employing drones

as I have heard of late. One pastoralist in particular is in progress of

fencing both sides of the highway - this is the Bridge Creek area. IF you wish

to prospect, go at it at your own peril or cary the correct paper work.

Information can be obtained from the minerals.nt.gov.au web site

LMAO......Lived and mined in the NT for over 20 years.

Most pastoral leases are bigger than the size of Victoria, and no, there not fenced.

As gef12 says, always make sure you have the necessary licenses and permissions and you will be ok.

There are more things out there in the bush that will kill you quicker than an angry station owner.

Potholes tripping animals???......geez Jaros, you dont get out much do you mate!

A Brahman bull can run through a small car with ease, the wild pigs, buffalo and brumby's do way more damage than anything else!

Station owners are more worried about the stock losses from croc's and poachers with rifles than they would be of you swinging a very dangerous GPX 5000.

Do the right thing guys, and please dont pan near the creeks or rivers.......and remember our old NT saying, dont swim in anything unless it has chlorine in it :p

Bullo river station, 800k south of Darwin near Tennant Creek!

These areas are covered by muster choppers and light planes......a drone wouldnt make it far from the homestead before it fell to the ground with a flat battery! :lol:

The vast expanse of the territory is breathtaking and amazing, you all should go one-day!

"OUCH" I have been up there a while back but these days i am pretty severely restricted with back and leg probs. so "I haven't been out there much".
Thanks for the vid-it's a beautiful place.
Jaros :p

This has come about due to a " few" people doing the wrong thing, like pushing on someone's lease. Inviting people to patches to " help" new people in the game. There are some spots where the pushing has done considerable damage, and at the end of the day, the EL holder, who didn't mind people going on his lease, will have to pay for the vegetation rehab, or loose his $10k bond. Recently, there has been a lot if interest in detecting, where you would see 3 cars over a weekend, you can now come across a dozen....TV shows sparking interest? Some of the new drones can stay airborne for hours, and have preprogrammed fight paths. Footage can be down loaded very easily.
The last few people who have tried to get access to a couple of places have been told NO. on two different stations. NT cattlemen association is a powerful group to.
One property is fencing both sides of the Stuart Hwy, and government is part funding it, with our tax dollars....seems they really want to restrict us to two areas, Margret diggings and spring hill south in the top end. Both still produce good gold, and are generous areas in size, but, its gonna get busy, that's for sure.
People are now very reluctant to apply for access, and are taking chances, because, if you do apply, then EL holders and property owners know there is interest in the area, and deny access anyway. There is one main EL holder, who owns hundreds if not thousands of sq km of EL,s with no intention of using them. Its not fair, but is legal.

hey advent, does an EL in the NT have similar permits to WA. or is there no way to get access if the EL holder does not want you to. cheers mark.

Hey Numd_Thumb,

I guess you meant Bullo River Station 80kms west of TIMBER CREEK. I haven't seen many water buffalo or saltwater crocs near Tennant Creek. :cool: Good video all the same.

Cheers

Doug

An EL holder holds all the cards if you are prospecting for gold. Anything else, no worries, but you must get the notice of intent signed by the EL holder if you wish to detect for gold there.
Newmarket gold holds a huge amount of EL,s in the NT, I'm not sure if the manager of the local working mine actually has the delegation, or authority to sign off on the notice on behalf of the director or not.
What gives us the s#@ts is they hold huge amounts of land that is not being used or explored ATM. So long ad they submit annual reports for each lease, I guess they can do as they please.

Numb_Thumb said:
Bullo river station, 800k south of Darwin near Tennant Creek!

These areas are covered by muster choppers and light planes......a drone wouldnt make it far from the homestead before it fell to the ground with a flat battery! :lol:

The vast expanse of the territory is breathtaking and amazing, you all should go one-day!

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipaZKKWNPXA[/video]

You might wanna check a map

1475669998_tc.jpg

davent said:
This has come about due to a " few" people doing the wrong thing, like pushing on someone's lease. Inviting people to patches to " help" new people in the game. There are some spots where the pushing has done considerable damage, and at the end of the day, the EL holder, who didn't mind people going on his lease, will have to pay for the vegetation rehab, or loose his $10k bond. Recently, there has been a lot if interest in detecting, where you would see 3 cars over a weekend, you can now come across a dozen....TV shows sparking interest? Some of the new drones can stay airborne for hours, and have preprogrammed fight paths. Footage can be down loaded very easily.
The last few people who have tried to get access to a couple of places have been told NO. on two different stations. NT cattlemen association is a powerful group to.
One property is fencing both sides of the Stuart Hwy, and government is part funding it, with our tax dollars....seems they really want to restrict us to two areas, Margret diggings and spring hill south in the top end. Both still produce good gold, and are generous areas in size, but, its gonna get busy, that's for sure.
People are now very reluctant to apply for access, and are taking chances, because, if you do apply, then EL holders and property owners know there is interest in the area, and deny access anyway. There is one main EL holder, who owns hundreds if not thousands of sq km of EL,s with no intention of using them. Its not fair, but is legal.

There not fencing to keep us out mate........they have better things to do bro!

This might have something to do with a fellow at Harts Range Late last year, who has said he has a lease for several years on a spot and has been warning people with all sorts of threats and cameras and guns and injuries... Lol...
Under NT law, the lease is not active until Approved... In his case it WON'T be approved EVER.. He has been selling his goodies on Web- sites for Thousands of $$ and now he is caught out... HAHA...

It's just incredible What happens to Land-owners when they get snowballed by Wankers that think it's their god given right to F%$K with some poor fellows Land(dug up tracks and F#$%ed with bores to stop people entering). You can't blame them now can you?.. After several complaints to NT Mines about this fellow's action , I was told that a crack-down is going to happen this Year.... And Good... About time... :Y:
Drones are used by every Government Department now... ;)
Do the right thing ...Or you will loose it....

LW...

Latest posts