Are People Being Realistic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guipago said:
Australia is full of idiots that have never been subject to any form of discipline & think the world revolves around them, your word, honour or doing the right thing is something very foreign to them, it's all about them, don't let them get you down, their not worth --------(enter own appropriate text)
Must say that is a bit harsh mate :(

7.62marksman said:
guipago said:
Australia is full of idiots that have never been subject to any form of discipline & think the world revolves around them, your word, honour or doing the right thing is something very foreign to them, it's all about them, don't let them get you down, their not worth --------(enter own appropriate text)
Must say that is a bit harsh mate :(

I'm not feeling the Love here, LOL. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :playful: :playful: :playful: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

G'day

I reckon the problem now is simply the lack of values, the reason us old farts are targeted by these dropkicks as some of us still have old school values, and we were taught the value of giving your word and right from wrong, many of these things are long gone and I am not saying this loss of respect for others is just younger people as I have seen some samples of older people being the same as well, just get some gold in the equation and you will soon see some of them turn.

I would prefer someone being straight up and saying, "I changed my mind", or "You sound like a dick so I don't want it now", or "You smell funny", I can deal with that but I don't understand what they get out of being an asshole themselves and then trying to lay the blame on you even though you have bent over backwards to do the right thing by them, and even the fact that they believe in their little peanut brains that they were the victim not you, simply amazes me.

Too many people these days are blaming their lack of becoming a useful member of society on their child hoods and how they were brought up, the victim mentality is rife, as nowadays as soon they are caught doing something wrong they immediately take the I'm the victim attitude instead of standing up and being accountable for their actions, if crap child hoods and slap happy parents, teachers, neighbors, older siblings and so on were the reason for people becoming like that later in life then I should be king of the crop, but that was life back then and we just thought it was normal but its also that our parents, grand parents and so on who had a worse time of it than we did, but they still maintained solid values of how to deal with others.

cheers

stayyerAU

It does seem to me too that the sense of entitlement is rife among many nowadays. I see so many people daily come into our shop who seemingly have a dysfunctional set of values. Heaps of Tattoos in the making and/ or new ones, and yet struggling to pay an overdue utility bill. Making a $20 minimum payment on a car finance loan in the tens of thousands, for an outstanding amount that has remained virtually unchanged for 5 years, for some you-beaut "look at me" car and yet the backside is hanging out of his trousers. A clown who came in with his centerlink form to ask if there were any jobs going, and asking me to sign a form to say he was looking for work. He was dressed in boardshorts, T-shirt, lambskin cut-off and moccasins..... Like anyone in retail would give him a job turning up like that? These people are used to "buy, swap, sell sites", and the moment they have to put their hand in their pocket to finance something outside of the concession rate goods they are used to buying, it all crumbles for them.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Thats the word , and how it is spelt
If you havent got it... you will never get it
Theres even a song to sing along to
The sooner THAT is brought back into the school curriculum the better
The next is CONSEQUENCE .....
These self entitled, cotton wool coated f**ktards have all been rewarded for their failings and never punished for their actions
I better stop now before someone gets their feelings hurt :(

Latest posts