Warwick Qld. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of making a move to Warwick in the near future & would like to hear from members who live in the area.
Just a general opinion on the pros & cons of the town. I know its really cold in winter, that's fine by me. Water restrictions are in place most of the time.
Any info or opinions welcome.
Cheers
Angela

drove through it twice yesterday . the mrs and i decide to shut our shop and a have day off so we went out to main range nat park and had a bbq lunch and a quiet day in the forest and drove back again just to get away for the day .
i know a lot of people that live in warwick and they all seem happy there quite a few are from here ( texas ) a lot of our locals tend to move to either warwick or toowoomba when they get old so they can be closer to the bigger hospitals .
warwick has a bunnings and aldi a hospital and its not far from toowoomba what more could you want . it has got the same drug and yobbo problem that all towns have you just need to do some research and live in the better part of town and all should be ok . thats my thoughts on it anyway.
johno

Thanks Johno for your thoughts on Warwick. Will try to get out there next week to have a look, talk to locals, visit the council, get a feel for the place.
The proximity to Toowoomba is appealing. The problem of "undesireables" is everywhere but I tend to think the more decent people living in a place the more everyone can keep an eye out for their neighbours. I like the amount of historic buildings the town has plus the rural hamlets all within a short distance.
Cheers
Angela

Ill be up in qld a lot at the last part of the year and just wondering if warwick is worth a try and if anyone knows anybody that willing to show me the ropes n area for several days detecting

hi there, if you camp in the karara camp area friday / saturday nights you'll probably bump into a few regulars who are generally good people and will point you in the right direction they may not give you the secret spot but certainly give you spots and tips that work. Most of the gold is sub gram however some bigger pieces have come out from the area lately. I would suggest you take a rake and use it. Carbeen rd and durakai still producing small gold even though it's been worked pretty hard. I'll be out there again around Easter time as work start slowing about then. can't miss me I'll be in the shiny new red LandCruiser with Beagles and are sunland blue heeler caravan ;)

best of luck
Noel

Pull into pub. Pete behind bar has maps now and can point you the way I have found good nuggets still in the rocks so move the logs in hilly areas. Good luck.

1561903588_20190701_000055.jpg
I do alright out at Warwick my fines over the year. But I'll be out in Warwick area again on Wednesday morning

Just don't always go to Warwick thinking you will find nuggets took me 18 months before my first nugget now I've got 7 nuggets there is a lot of fine gold in the dirt I always dig 10kg of dirt and pan it I have now over 3 grams of fine gold flakes there is rich dirt in creeks if you dig

thinking of going there wed 3/07 to get used to the gpx5000 again...heading to Victoria in 2 weeks

Hi Im heading out to Warwick this week with my gp3000, just wanted to see if I should detect at Glendon or head to Duriki any advice would be great. Cheers.

Of wasted a lot of time with and sdc at both.
Maybe try thanes area on the other side of the highway..

20xwater said:
Of wasted a lot of time with and sdc at both.
Maybe try thanes area on the other side of the highway..
Make sure you remain in the GPA's. We were out there a month ago and spoke with the rangers. They were checking out Carbean rd and were telling us about confiscating gear from people illegally detecting in the scientific area.
With the GP3000, Carbean rd is unlikely to be productive for you, better in the buffer zone at Glendons or hitting random areas in the GPAs. These days you need to think outside the square a bit with the amount of detectors working the ground. Any area near old timers workings is worth a look.

Latest posts