Warwick Qld. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but i am going to be getting my first detector in a weeks time, it is a GT1600, some people are bagging it out, I'm getting it from a tech, he has done work to it as well, he is going to show me how to use it and let me hear the different targets with it, being various coins, small nuggets and jewellery so i get a feel for it before i commit to buying it, very excited, will let you all know how i go with it.

Cheers
HH

I still have my GT16000 that I purchased new way back in 1989. After fixing a power lead from one of the battery banks it still operates. It has good discrimination on rubbish metal targets if not set to high if chasing coins.

One setting I've tried and tested recently and one which I had never used in the past is the "Enhance" setting which shuts up mineralisation and produced the best sensitivity on a small 0.2 gram test nugget. Worth a try if the ground gets to hot and I only wish I had used it when it was my main detector although I can now use it for another family member if they wish to have a detect on the goldfield.

That is great to read washgravel, i am going for this one because i have bugger all money for one, good to hear about the discrimination settings, he is going to show me settings on the detector.

if i do get some great finds in the gold fields i will use the find to fund another detector :) just had to share my impending purchase, i hope to contribute to photos soon :)

Hi all,
Heading to the state forests (designated areas) near Warwick. I was wondering if any members could help me with the host rock the yellow stuff is in down there.I have heard that the slate is a good indicator on some areas in the ones south of the road to inglewood.

Cheers
Greg

Welcome to the forum WD,...can't help much with your plight, cept to say it'll be under foot somewhere,..someone else may know about the type of rock,..we got all types on here that know abit or alot about everything,.. so hang tight buddy,.. while you are waiting you could tell us a bit about yourself in the "introduce yourself" section. :)

Afternoon all, I have a 5 day break coming up this Friday and I'm thinking about heading out to warwick to do some prospecting. I have done the internet search and found that there are about 5 or so site's that have held gold or have been mined over the past 100yrs. Has anyone has any luck out there or am I just wasting my time driving 200km.

steve

Hi Steve
We have been down the last 2 Christmas found gold both times going back this Christmas. We will drive 800ks so worth it.
K-M

Sorry snowboarding in NZ at moment, well trying, broke hand first day. NZ is the ducks nuts, love it here Bruce, panning at few places on sat hopefully

Just a question about warwick. .trying to get my 11yr old son interested in prospecting and off the computer..we have tried thanes creek with no luck .. does anyone know of any other spots to take him ?? . Any help would be greatly appreciated. .ty :)

There are several site's around Warwick with alot of land to be inspected, Glendon's is the tourist destination and they are really good, but if you want to get out there by yourself there is Thane's Creek, Talgai National Reserve, and Durakai National Reserve, Palgrave, Canal Creek, Leyburn and Pratten, just remember if you go out be sure to have a permit! There are maps on the QLD gov fossicking site!

Does anybody know if you can visit the old mines around the Warwick QLD area or who to talk to for permission to have a detect?

Latest posts