Warwick Qld. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all just wondering if anyone has some information about Glendon we stayed there last year over the Xmas, they were getting rid of all the old caravans, Ive tried ringing a few times now with no answer.

Does anyone on the forum know if they are still open for campers. We have given up on our going North trip and decided to head to Talgai, we didn't detect that area and the mines map seems pretty good.

Great to get some help on this
K-M :)

KIM-MARGARET said:
Hi all just wondering if anyone has some information about Glendon we stayed there last year over the Xmas, they were getting rid of all the old caravans, Ive tried ringing a few times now with no answer.

Does anyone on the forum know if they are still open for campers. We have given up on our going North trip and decided to head to Talgai, we didn't detect that area and the mines map seems pretty good.

Great to get some help on this
K-M :)

i was there a couple of months ago, showers,toilets,powered and unpowered...open for business. :cool:

I was there last week and all of the old on site vans are gone. Just powered and unpowered sites left. Toilets / showers little shop office-shop for milk
etc. Run by a Kiwi couple. You can access Durikai and Talgai and of course Thanes Ck. Nice and dry and dusty at the moment.
It's worth staying a cuppla days.
Jack

Was out at Glendons today, yes very dusty, only a couple of people their right now, I had a a bit of a look around and I spent a small amount of time detecting in Talgai with no luck, I also went into the prospecting area at Thanes Creek, I think this area has been well and truely worked over as it looked very worn out, I will be going out again that's for sure and keen to find some of the old mines that are in the Talgai area.

David

Good evening all, sorry if i am flogging a dead horse or digging up old ground, all pun intended of course.. boom boom!

As the title suggests, i am questioning whether or not to have a go at detecting in the warwick area or not, having watched a number of walnliz videos, they seem to have greater success panning/high banking.... as i am about a 3 and a half hour drive away, i would rather focus my efforts on something that will produce a higher yield, mind you, i don't have a detector yet, late this month or early next year i plan on buyinga refurbished detector from a bloke on Gumtree.

I also can't afford a day or half day out with Bruce, was a nice bloke to talk to but just well out of my budget for a days lesson.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

HH

I was also wondering what you all do with your finds? Or is there some unspoken law we don't talk about? I don't want to be asking a ride question

Cheers HH

HunterHarvey said:
I was also wondering what you all do with your finds? Or is there some unspoken law we don't talk about? I don't want to be asking a ride question

Cheers HH

Hi HH,
I have kept most of my finds, one day when the Gold price is many times higher than what it is now, I may sell some. I see it as my retirement fund ;)

Good thinking Oldfella, if i manage to find enough might melt it down into small blocks? Got to find me some first lol

If you ring Bruce he will be more than happy to point you in the right direction with your pan mate. It sounds like his detector days are really good and have a pretty high success rate, he knows the area well and that means he knows where the gold is.

Good luck

i sold most of mine from Wa trip some to friends and some to dealers some I have kept to look at

Be very careful buying a detector off Gumtree, way too many scammers on there for me.

Thanks MJB, might do just that, he is good to talk to over phone.

Ronk, would love to go over there, looks like experience with the detector and knowing your rocks might go a long way over there.

Magilla, I am with you there, concerned about scammers, this person sounds genuine, but then again I guess so do all the Nigerian princes and what have you that scam big bucks from lonely ladies..... This is the advert anyway

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunn...-minelab-bounty-hunter-and-garrett/1057934356

I have always been told that if it sounds too good to be true, it is because it is, but I hope in this instance it is just a great find/opportunity to get a tuned up decent detector, I don't care how old it is, so long as it finds enough to pay itself off :)

Cheers

HH

It is so easy to get stung on Gumtree, I wouldn't buy anything off there unless I could pick it up or get it sent COD.

I am in the fortunate situation where i am within driving distance, perhaps a 45 minute drive away, more than willing to take the trip to make sure it is fairdinkum :) i would not have thought of that though thanks for that tip magilla

Good luck on the hunt. I hope when you find a bunch of nuggets you won't melt them down into gold bars or you're throwing money down the drain. I've seen nuggets go for much more than the asking price per ounce for their artistic qualities alone. Personally I'm with oldfella in that I like to hang onto my finds. Ofcourse, come a rainy day I'd consider it my reserve bank.

Thanks nuggetino, i wouldn't have thought of it in that way, in that case, i will just clean anything i find and have a good secure spot for them :)

HH, give me a yell if you plan on heading over that way, I'm also about the same distance away, don't know the area much at all, but I'm sure with some research we could work something out. I've also got a spare detector that you're welcome to borrow if yours hasn't eventuated by the time you want to head over.

Hi Murphy, mate, that sounds great, my old man had a detector, he is up in Caboolture, I'm sure he would join in on it as well, I'm off work for 2 weeks, beginning 20th this month, if you are free between then and 5th Jan we can head out, if it does not sit well (being family time oriented time of the year) we can make it for a weekend in the new year, about all the equipment i have is 2 pans.

On that note, there is an app, warwick gold i think it is, for $3, might get it if for no other reason than to get an idea on where to look.

Cheers HH

Sounds great mate, I'm free anytime after Christmas. Definitely keen to head across, got a spare GP3000 and plenty of coils to play with, so I'll keep in touch.

Latest posts