Warwick Qld. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bicter said:
20xwater said:
Of wasted a lot of time with and sdc at both.
Maybe try thanes area on the other side of the highway..
Make sure you remain in the GPA's. We were out there a month ago and spoke with the rangers. They were checking out Carbean rd and were telling us about confiscating gear from people illegally detecting in the scientific area.
With the GP3000, Carbean rd is unlikely to be productive for you, better in the buffer zone at Glendons or hitting random areas in the GPAs. These days you need to think outside the square a bit with the amount of detectors working the ground. Any area near old timers workings is worth a look.

Wow first I have heard of rangers confiscating equipment...but not completely surprised.

Any more details to this matter???

MikeB05 said:
bicter said:
20xwater said:
Of wasted a lot of time with and sdc at both.
Maybe try thanes area on the other side of the highway..
Make sure you remain in the GPA's. We were out there a month ago and spoke with the rangers. They were checking out Carbean rd and were telling us about confiscating gear from people illegally detecting in the scientific area.
With the GP3000, Carbean rd is unlikely to be productive for you, better in the buffer zone at Glendons or hitting random areas in the GPAs. These days you need to think outside the square a bit with the amount of detectors working the ground. Any area near old timers workings is worth a look.

Wow first I have heard of rangers confiscating equipment...but not completely surprised.

Any more details to this matter???

It wasn't those specific rangers that did the confiscating so a little bit of hearsay involved.
Not much in the way of further details, however he implied that the confiscated equipment was eventually returned.

Gday Guys, I was in living in Brisbane as stay at the karara pub each weekend for 18 months say hi to Pete, he will tell you where to go, read me previous posts. Hint. Most people drive over it or park on it , Only then you will see when you wash it.

Hi Guys, can a ranger actually take possession of your detecter,if he said to me Ian confiscateihg your gear.I wouldn't give it to him,he's not police. Any opinions on this subject.

Please explain, Do you have a prospecting licence, where you in a GPA area. Then no, if you have a license and outside of a GPA area then your in trouble, not matter what If you didnt have a license and in the GPA area, your still in trouble, they will see you in court. Good luck

No,I only go to pratten,I was just thinking could they take your gear on the day if you was in the wrong place.

300 said:
No,I only go to pratten,I was just thinking could they take your gear on the day if you was in the wrong place.
Pratten has no GPA area on government own land If your on private property and have the owners ok and still have a license. No problem. But without the ok of the owner. You still have a problem, if you dont have a license to prospecting and with the owners ok, then you still have problem. If theres a mining claim over that area. Your in deep shit. Home work , research and ask permission. Signing the form that comes with all Qld licenses.

When I was staying at the beautiful Karara pub, I left with Pete a couple of clues. You need to buy a drink. Its down on the south west of the GPA Most people drive over it or park on it, Good luck

No I wouldn't hand it over...and good luck trying to take it....If it's un occupied land you are ok in qld.... :Y:

If you give the Rangers a hard time, they will just call the cops and they will take your gear..... And then you will be charged with 'Obstruction of a Public Servant' (I think that's what the charge is.).. And Judges love charges like that....

Be very careful at Pratten... If you are the fellow who was on my mates property Detecting about 3 weeks ago ILLEGALLY, you can go and see him and collect your 3 tyre valves.. he would love to meet you.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Several Landowners had had Enough of blatant Illegal Detecting in the area and have joined forces and have started to take things up several notches.... :mad:

LW....

In Qld state Forrest They will only take your gear if an offence has been committed...And even then it will have to be a pretty big one...A warning is more likely, with your identification recorded...Caught again in the wrong place and you could face charges. If your caught on private property then that could be a bigger problem. Acting dumb usualy only works once.
Get your fossicing licence learn, how to read a map and you won't have anything to worry about.
Good luck. :Y:

LoneWolf said:
If you give the Rangers a hard time, they will just call the cops and they will take your gear..... And then you will be charged with 'Obstruction of a Public Servant' (I think that's what the charge is.).. And Judges love charges like that....

Be very careful at Pratten... If you are the fellow who was on my mates property Detecting about 3 weeks ago ILLEGALLY, you can go and see him and collect your 3 tyre valves.. he would love to meet you.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Several Landowners had had Enough of blatant Illegal Detecting in the area and have joined forces and have started to take things up several notches.... :mad:

LW....
It used to be called
Disobeying a direct order...
:) :) :Y:

LoneWolf said:

LW....

Hi lone wolf, If I went to the landowners and asked for permission are they open to that or should I just keep to the fossicking areas?
Cheers

1566610253_20190824_112832.jpg
I have a prospecting license and miners license for Qld and Victoria and Tasmania what I think is funny is that Qld and Victoria licenses you print out just paper you must have on you at all times but in Tasmania its a real card with all your details on it like a driver's license see this is mine why can't a big state of Queensland do this

Hi Mike, You could try as my mate doesn't know everyone out there, but he is getting there......
There WERE some that allowed you on, but most won't now after past experiences with theft, vandalism, and stupid activities (guns)... You really need to know someone who knows someone to even get a foot in the door or a resident for a few years...
They are a very cautious bunch of people out there.... and very grumpy ATM with the Drought taking it's toll on some..... Worst Drought in 100yrs some are saying...

Re: Paper Licences, Its because QLD would have to spend money if they went plastic. :lol: They don't care about Prospecting and Fossicking in this State...

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Hi Mike, You could try as my mate doesn't know everyone out there, but he is getting there......
There WERE some that allowed you on, but most won't now after past experiences with theft, vandalism, and stupid activities (guns)... You really need to know someone who knows someone to even get a foot in the door or a resident for a few years...
They are a very cautious bunch of people out there.... and very grumpy ATM with the Drought taking it's toll on some..... Worst Drought in 100yrs some are saying...

Re: Paper Licences, Its because QLD would have to spend money if they went plastic. :lol: They don't care about Prospecting and Fossicking in this State...

LW...
;)

Hi LW. Took me about 12 months in the pub out there , being part of community, having a beer with the locals, enjoying playing pool , knew all the miners and who had exportation licenses, Had signed permission to go on 1 , had to fill out so much paperwork , where and when and take photos, It was eye opener, but found more gold in the GPA area instead. There is no need to go elsewhere, Hint. Where do you think Glendon gets its gold from after floods. Where does Thanes get its gold from after floods. Easy answer. Its still in the rock. As you stated. Worst drought in 100years. But once it rains. I can bet you a stubby where I can pick a up a quick gram or two. The few ounces we got from the area was in rock and had to be crushed, I actually spoken to the mines staff. Tried to get a mining license over it But this find is within a GPA, under the act. It couldnt happen.

LoneWolf said:

LW...

Thanks lone wolf I do know a couple of people out there might ask them if they can help.

Latest posts