warrandyte visit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum & prospecting. Got basic stuff for the prospecting such as a detector, pans, some digging tools, but haven't tried it for the color yet :)
Going to Warrandyte with kids this Sunday 'd like to do some panning. Is anyone going to this place this Sunday? would be happy to join someone
Thanks

Sunday is out, but this area sounds like a good day trip to me too, so very interested.

Hi mate. Sorry I cant make it but there is a good spot in town. There's a conglomerate bar that you need to smash up and pan just on the upriver side of town and a good pie shop close by.
Good luck :)

Afternoon all,

I took the kids up to Warrandyte on Andersons Creek two weekends back to do some panning (after my daughters success at Sovereign Hill :) ). Didn't find anything, but was pretty cool to find the big stone monument marking the original find in the area.

We're in the Mitcham area so can pop out to Warrandyte fairly quickly if anyone wants to catch up.

Cheers

Brendan

MDMA said:
Afternoon all,

I took the kids up to Warrandyte on Andersons Creek two weekends back to do some panning (after my daughters success at Sovereign Hill :) ). Didn't find anything, but was pretty cool to find the big stone monument marking the original find in the area.

We're in the Mitcham area so can pop out to Warrandyte fairly quickly if anyone wants to catch up.

Cheers

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

I took the kids there Monday afternoon, great weather and still a few specs in Andersons :)

LOL,We started out at Sovereign hill at the start of this year. Panning some specs there........Pans, nearly complete Wal style banker and a couple of detectors!! I think we found a hobby :D The kids enjoy it heaps too.

Cheers
GG

goldengoose said:
Hi Brendan,

I took the kids there Monday afternoon, great weather and still a few specs in Andersons :)

LOL,We started out at Sovereign hill at the start of this year. Panning some specs there........Pans, nearly complete Wal style banker and a couple of detectors!! I think we found a hobby :D The kids enjoy it heaps too.

Cheers
GG

Yer? Did you move far up or down the creek from the car park ? We wandered downstream to where that monument is.

I've just bought a detector as well, know any areas around Warrandyte that we might be able to give it a work out?

Next time your heading out to Andersons on a weekend let me know (although the kids are away on holidays for the next 3 weekends with their grand parents).

Cheers

Brendan

Yer? Did you move far up or down the creek from the car park ? We wandered downstream to where that monument is.

I've just bought a detector as well, know any areas around Warrandyte that we might be able to give it a work out?

Next time your heading out to Andersons on a weekend let me know (although the kids are away on holidays for the next 3 weekends with their grand parents).

Cheers

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

We went upstream about 100 meters. Carrying all the gear with 2 kids following we don't go to far :)
I don't know the area well though some other members on PA are local and may be able to help with detecting spots.

ie: Thank you wooly for the heads up about stony creek. I will look it up.

Anyway the kids want to take me again to Warrandyte this afternoon.
If your around your more than welcome to drop past. You will see us with the buckets and pans :) around 2 ish

Cheers
GG

Latest posts