Salters rush gully?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5SIX8

New to all this but enjoying the heck out of it
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been looking for new places to prospect in the St Andrews/Panton Hill area in Victoria and I've found a creek called "salters rush gully creek" which on geovic is definitely on crown land but that slice of crown land seems to run through private property.

What are the rules surrounding this kind of creek and how to approach it and if anyone has ever prospected there before.

Thanks, Matt.

Hi all. I've been looking for new places to prospect in the St Andrews/Panton Hill area in Victoria and I've found a creek called "salters rush gully creek" which on geovic is definitely on crown land but that slice of crown land seems to run through private property.

What are the rules surrounding this kind of creek and how to approach it and if anyone has ever prospected there before.

Thanks, Matt.
That strip of crown land is a river frontage and the rules for such are outlined here...

https://www.forestsandreserves.vic....ge_A-guide-to-access-and-recreational-use.pdf

However this doesn't provide a clear answer. It mentions digging is allowed on an unlicensed crown river frontage in accordance with a permit, but I'm not sure if a miner's right qualifies as an allowable permit for your purposes. Perhaps someone can weigh in.

That strip of crown land is a river frontage and the rules for such are outlined here...

https://www.forestsandreserves.vic....ge_A-guide-to-access-and-recreational-use.pdf

However this doesn't provide a clear answer. It mentions digging is allowed on an unlicensed crown river frontage in accordance with a permit, but I'm not sure if a miner's right qualifies as an allowable permit for your purposes. Perhaps someone can weigh in.
Cheers mate. I think I'll have to actually get out there and have an optic myself.

Hopefully I'm not dealing with crazy hippies or sovereign citizens or something lol

Latest posts