Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used a air saw, going to cut up another crate tomorrow as a spear, I have a few crates laying around. Has a handle under the front to pull it around

how bout a Sawzall to cut the breadcrate? I have a cordless Sawzall made by Robert Bosch, 12 volt Lithium, that I got from Menards ,They have their own store brand too. It cuts just about anything, and is only a foot long.

-Tom V.

tvanwho said:
how bout a Sawzall to cut the breadcrate? I have a cordless Sawzall made by Robert Bosch, 12 volt Lithium, that I got from Menards ,They have their own store brand too. It cuts just about anything, and is only a foot long.

-Tom V.
Thanks for the suggestion Tom
But im limited with funds so i'l have to go the hack saw blade rout ... Same with cutting the sloped mesh....Muscle power !
Woopy :(

Used a pare of tin snips to cut the bread crate to size , now I need to cut out the lazy L's Probably use a hack saw for that.
Still a ways to go before its finished .. But its getting there slowly .

1442039233_image.jpg

I will be out at the gemstone creek next weekend, dunno if can get my big banker in there by myself since its down a short but VERY steep dirt hill, at the bottom of which I need a machete to cut thru the thick brush, then have to get my stuff across thigh deep water with sandy bottom 15 feet upstream to the gravel bar.The creek comes up 1-2 feet in even a light rain. Will take some photos to post. May have to just take my micro banker with WX10 pump for now, will run the sluice as flat as I can, and put a tub under the discharge so I can catch the pebbles for gemstone examination later. Will defintely be on a sharp lookout for pretty stones and save them out. I did install some 1/4 inch tall raised sloped expanded under the riffles, had it welded to the riffles. The micro banker sluice is only 2 feet x 7 inches. It did catch a large blue sapphire crystal a year ago in the perf metal grizzly area.It has 1/2 inch square holes.Will be looking for diamonds too and have my UV flashlight for that.Some diamonds glow blue under a blacklight.

Wonder if it matters what wavelength of UV to use?
Got any advice on that Wal? And should I examine the pebbles at night on a paper towel/cookie sheet or what? Will sapphires or other gemstones glow in the UV light?

-Tom V.

Colmaca said:
stanley knife works good for cutting the LL's with clean cuts
Thanks for that Colmaca.
Have to borrow one and give it a whirle .
Im limited by the tools I have , which is almost none and everything else im using is borrowed. :(
Just about expended all the angle I bought and I need buy some more Monday.
But still have a few other things i can do to keep me busy tomorrow.. Hope to finish before friday so I can try it out next weekend.

But not to worry , where there's a will there's a way ;)

Short,

I could use a chunk of bread crate and still need that steel catwalk? Is it the vertical stuff or sloped? I have sloped catwalk cut to size., 9.5 x 12 inches.
Thanks,

-Tom

shortlife said:

If you have spray bar problems... what I do is come in 100mm from each end of the riser, and divide this remaining section into 2cm slots. You only need spray over the cable tray. You will end up with 13 slots in total. I place a strip of 4cm wide masking tape along the riser and mark the 13 slots on the tape...then cut using a drop saw the slots from one side of the tape to the other, thus giving an exact spray pattern.

If you run too many slots you will end up having water pressure problems, and too few slots, water volume problems. There's a balance on all bankers, and the one I've described is custom designed to work best for the bankers I use....ie..Walbankers.

Hope this helps,

Wal.

Banker is looking fantastic mate and should serve you very well. Best of luck out there on the stream with it this summer.

Wal.

Latest posts