Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XIV said:
yes i did cut out the crate
but looking on here at the template looks like i may have to cut out a little more
i will upload new photo of it finished and the results of what i got out of it
thx mate
Kane

You have to cut it so there's almost no squares left Kane. Only needs a few squares for support along the edges.

Cheers Wal.

Looks like a great gadget, and it works!

I work for a Sheetmetal/ Fabricating company in Newcastle I think they could could make these complete or in various stages EG. cut, pressed and welded ready to assemble. I reckon a set of removable wheels could be added for those who have to walk to their site and could pull them along. If anyone is interested let me know I can ask for pricing. As most of the gear we use is CNC appart from welding the more we make the cheaper they become.
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

I am local & would be interested in getting the basic chute folded & welded ready to finish at home.

This would be great for people wanting one of Wal's beauties but do not have the tools to weld or fold aluminium.

Thanks

Pr2cv(Pete)

Hi Wal, great hi-banker and info. I have watched most of your videos and really enjoy them. I am thinking of making one soon, what do you think about making one out of poli-carbonate as i have access to plenty of it. Have made a river sluice out of it and it works well. What are your thoughts..
Cheers
Waz

G'day Waz,

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. There's no pressure on the sluice section, but you might have to fix an angle or a channel to the top section of the Hopper box. When you chuck the shovels full of gravel in the top it gets quite a hammering. Be curious to see how it pans out.

Cheers Wal,

Pr2cv said:
Hi Tom,

I am local & would be interested in getting the basic chute folded & welded ready to finish at home.

This would be great for people wanting one of Wal's beauties but do not have the tools to weld or fold aluminium.

Thanks

Pr2cv(Pete)
Hi Peter I will check it out with the guys at work, sorry I'm late answering only just noticed your message.

Tom

Pr2cv said:
Hi Tom,

Thanks

Pr2cv(Pete)

G'day Pete,

I'm getting a few Laser cut and folded here in Canberra, and will be supplying them Kitted out or Basic shell. Will have a price for both versions this week. Send me a PM if your interested. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal,

I can,t pm you as I have not got the required posts as yet.

But would interested in getting one folded up ready to finish because I think it is great to be able to make something yourself but having the tools to do it is another thing

Cheers ,

Pete

Anybody around Brissy chasing the mesh walkway, I got tones of that at work, just PM me the width you require and I can help you out with it out of the scrap bin. Width if 600mm x 13mm thick
Maybe work something out, if I can supply a few cuts of walkway and if you have the sheet folders we can help each other out ;)

g'day Joe,

Look at my vid a few topics down under "Running a River Sluice" and you'll see i use the same combination as the bankers. This combo only works if you have reasonable water flow. I have my own version of a drop riffle sluice for slower flowing creeks. Your idea of routing grooves into timber will work OK but you will need to empty the box quite regularly.

Square sided drop riffles choke quite easily with black sand and ironstone, and fine gold then runs over the top. Make sure you classify down to 1/4" and your grooved slots are at least 2 to 1 ratio. IE, 1cm deep and 2cm wide slots or you won't create enough of a vortex to keep the heavies moving. Best of luck.

Cheers Wal.

Great Job Wal
This has Inspired me to have a go making one of these,
problem im having is sourcing material.
Got the Mat from Bunnings. $29
Will find a bakers for a bread crate.
Have found place online for the classifier screen, sydneycityelectrical $35 plus $9 delivery

Having great difficulty finding the expanded mesh, seams there are many companies that manufacturer custom, but non of it seams as wide as the mesh you have used.

So question?
Does the hole size in the expanded mesh matter if its smaller?

Your videos are awesome and cant wait to get out there with a Wal Highbanker and qudos to Liz my wife said she will give it a go in the summer Haha were see..

Cheers
Deano In Sydney

G'day Deano,

I like to keep the mesh around the 4:1 ratio but so long as you don't go less than 3:1 you should have no problems. If you intend to prospect in an area that also produces Sapphires I'd recommend some catwalk mesh for these areas. ( you can just interchange the 2 meshes to suit the locations).

If it's gold only then standard expanded will be just fine. If you need some Catwalk send me a PM when you reach 10 posts and I'll send some up to you. Best of luck,

cheers Wal.

Tiny bit OT here but with regards to the routing of drop riffles, I was going to use a bell shaped router bit to create the vortex motion over just square channels and have a piece of carpet up the top to capture the finer gold before it goes into the riffles. And as stated this will be for slow moving creeks while I do other things like pan etc.

Rey to the person who PM me, a couple more posts and I'll be able to reply to it.
Joe

:D My almost final post on the Walbanker.!!!
1372041004_img_0719_2-optimized.jpg

:D Now the pump and hoses. Hope the 33cc packs enough punch with the water ??? will see soon.

ps :Yes its gal.$50.

Hi wal I have been able to scratch up some fibreglass walkway mesh for the middle section, it is 30mm squares that I have cut the rectangle at a 45deg so they are diamonds when in the tray, is this 30mm squares too large compared to the bread crate squares?

1372291318_img_20130627_100551.jpg

Latest posts