Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee sounds great Jason, singing sounds great ,especially while i'm wearing the earphones and concentrating on a signal..lol..Cheers Wal. :D

Braddo said:
Hi Wal,
What length did you cut your legs? (I assume you would have a feel for a good working height)!
Cheers Brad.

Braddo, The front legs are 530mm and the back legs are 650mm.

Cheers Wal,

Very nice drawings there Rastys....My texta was on it's very last legs, so these drawings will save me a trip to shop for a new one. :D

Cheers Wal, :)

Went and had a talk with Hunter Valley Sheetmetal in Singleton about making up the highbanker. He gave me a price of between $150-$200 for the basic sluice, the hopper and the leg supports all welded together.
I didn't think that was too bad of a price. I will let you know the final price once he finishes it in a couple of weeks.

Then I can start on the internals. In the mean time I will get the spray bar done.

Richard

Rastys 1964 said:
Went and had a talk with Hunter Valley Sheetmetal in Singleton about making up the highbanker. He gave me a price of between $150-$200 for the basic sluice, the hopper and the leg supports all welded together.
I didn't think that was too bad of a price. I will let you know the final price once he finishes it in a couple of weeks.

Then I can start on the internals. In the mean time I will get the spray bar done.

Richard
Thats a pretty good price Richard. Does that include materials and labour?
Given that i paid around $88 just for a sheet of 2mm ally.

Chris,
That is 1.6 ally sheet supplied by them and 40mm angle for the leg supports with the ends boxed in.
Just have to wait and see what the final price ends up as.
Richard

G'day Everyone, :D

Here is my Wal's H-Banker no. 2. :cool:
1370248745_imag1190.jpg

1370248767_imag1185.jpg

Dismantle version for easy carrying and storage ;)
1370248938_imag1207.jpg

And my biggest Fan :D :D
1370249003_imag1176.jpg

Many thanks to Wal for the right guidance :) :)

Cheers,
"B"

Looking great "B", Let me know via PM the dimensions of the crate and I'll cut you a new one as your config. is not quite right. I'll bring it to GG for you when next we meet.

Cheers Wal.

A great looking Wal Hi-banker Gold689 - we are keen to get ours to the same stage as yours :) cheers Jed (& Di the SapphireGirl)

Thanks Everyone :D Jad & Di and Paul,

Now I just need to find a place, to give it a test run,,

Cheers,,,
"B"

Thanks Wal for the post! Im looking forward to attempting to make one this week
Cheers Dean

Hi Wal, managed to make this all from scrap from your YouTube vid

1370750815_imag0199-1.jpg

as you can see its not completely finished off
just had to dry fit it all first

this was all picked up from the scrap metal joint, except the bread crate, the sluice was 300mm box gutter

i ran it for the first time as your design last week and was impressed with how well it worked

i even left the banjo at home
thx for the design
Kane

:D nice job,i am a little behind have located alloy fabricator but like all smaller towns he is out of town,waiting waiting anyway,got some stuff done.

1370755318_img_0687_2.jpg

XIV said:
Hi Wal, managed to make this all from scrap from your YouTube vid

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/735/1370750815_imag0199-1.jpg

as you can see its not completely finished off
just had to dry fit it all first

this was all picked up from the scrap metal joint, except the bread crate, the sluice was 300mm box gutter

i ran it for the first time as your design last week and was impressed with how well it worked

i even left the banjo at home
thx for the design
Kane

Looking great Kane, Hope you cut the pattern out of the crate before you used it. By leaving all the squares in, it will tend to block up. Best of luck with it on the stream mate.

Cheers Wal,

yes i did cut out the crate
but looking on here at the template looks like i may have to cut out a little more
i will upload new photo of it finished and the results of what i got out of it
thx mate
Kane

Latest posts