Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like my Lake Macquarie hunting ground Silver, it has produced some nice 1910's silver, just need to clean out the ring pulls and bullets first to expose a century of discarded goodies.

It was a nice result for a couple of hours but those Newcastle lads must have cleaned out all those '47 florins before I got there.

Wally69 said:
Got out for a swing and bagged a handful of spendables and some nice silver :D

the ring got me excited for a moment but looks to be 24ct plated :(

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1462614899_image.jpg

Nice haul mate, spewing the ring is'nt solid gold though, especially after the convo we had this morning, absolute bummer, I've just packed a frownie too. :(

Saw it and thought you got a nice one and then errrr .... I've found a few plated ones now and it's always dissapointing.

Onward and upward.

LoL Heath - I was about to do a Reeks inspired happy dance too. :lol:

Not sure I will be able to ditch the mothers tomorrow to go get the real deal - there has to one there somewhere.

although, I am really searching for that pre 1900s honey hole. Dug plenty of square brass boat building nails again, so can't be to far off the mark.

If you're getting those old nails mate you can be pretty certain there will be some nice old finds. Yeah gotta be an 18k ring there somewhere for you, hopefully one pops up soon.

Ha, if Reeko does a happy dance when I see him later in the week I'll try to get it on camera. :D

I dunno mate ditching the mothers shouldn't be too hard, you need to use reverse psychology so they tell you to go detecting for a while so they can relax. ;)

You stirred me up :eek: ducked out for a quicky

1462675197_image.jpg

Now I am not sure what this is, what age it is :rolleyes:

It looks like it is styled like an ancient Egyptian sling shot projectile, lead in construction and purposely shaped.

Does anyone know if slingshots where used for in our colonial history for hunting ?

1466210447_image.jpg

1466210470_image.jpg

Definitely shaped like a spear head Jaros but the double point, weight and the fact that lead will not sustain a sharp edge has me a bit confused. It doesn't appear to have any lashing or gum marks on it either.

Latest posts