Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retirement Stone said:
Hey mate, All the best in your new role.

I can attest that working "regular" hours instead of camping out at Hill End with like minded people SUX big time.

I get a couple of hours with SDC in here and there when travelling with work, but really don't get my ear in properly.

On the upside I have spent next to no money on "must have" prospecting equipment!

Cheers

RT

Thanks RS, some good times were had and unfortunately I am sure I will share your pain.

First day of work I will be on a plane to WA, probably with my face planted in the window trying to spot Quartz blows with a golden glint as I fly over the dessert....... :rolleyes: might need to invest in a parachute.

Give me a couple of years and I plan on regularly being back at Hill End stoking the campfire, hopefully with the GPZ-9500. :p

Went out for a bit of dirt fishing at Lake Macquarie and tried to fill in the blanks in an area that has produced some interesting relics and some early silvers.

Can't complain about he post war silvers and the 1919 penny and fancy button reinforced the pre war potential of the site. :D

1458985328_image.jpeg

Spent a nice morning by the seaside, climbed a headland and reminisced of days gone by and wondered if any one sat where I was waiting for their canvas taxi to sail by.

Half an hour later I had my 1890 halfpenny answer. :D

1460610071_image.jpg

The 1914 penny and slouch hat penny came from nearby tracks and was happy to find a rockpool honey hole that contained more than half the spendables. Had to leave as the tide started to swamp me......... left a few there until next time.. :p :p

Nice to be beside the seside Wally, was there myself today too. You've done well there . :D

Thanks guys - had a family holiday booked for the kids, so not a bad return to work with a week off just after starting.

The first couple of weeks was full-on Heath, so i was ready for a holiday :lol: :D :lol: must be getting soft. :8 thought all those early mornings chasing gold would keep me match-fit.

There will be no rest for the wicked after this break, so I thought I would get back out there and keep swinging. Glad I did, another mountain of coins were extracted from a few pandanus palm used by surfers and a fancy silver ring with what could be a yellow sapphire or citrine. :D
1460621347_image.jpg

Great hunt mate, well done. Not getting soft mate just probably a shock to the system after being a man of liesure for so long. :) Work for another few weeks then hit them up for another holiday, haha.

That ring looks like a beauty. Be awesome if it's a Sapphire.

Ivo said:
Love that slouch hat awesome find the wally

Was very happy to find it Ivo, I have found a few failed tries at making them at the Rathmines RAAF base, so have been after a completed one for a while so I can work out how to make some out of my finds.

it is modern copy but it does the trick. :D

Wally69 said:
Ivo said:
Love that slouch hat awesome find the wally

Was very happy to find it Ivo, I have found a few failed tries at making them at the Rathmines RAAF base, so have been after a completed one for a while so I can work out how to make some out of my finds.

it is modern copy but it does the trick. :D
I'll take 2 lol :D

Hurrah, what a top score Wally, got a few nice oldies there too ! :p 8)
Got your ears on for the littlies hey. :D

Latest posts