Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I liberated :D CHUNKY 9ct GOLD :D

1466505523_image.jpg

Nice chunk of 9k Wally, don't see too many chains pulled out of the ground these days, netherlone gold. Was it all in one spot, or did you have to search around for the various bits and pieces. :)

It was a nice surprise GP, it was partially buried and in 3 parts mainly as a result of the solder having corroded away in the elements over time.

One big link is broken and missing. I presume this led to it being lost.

I'llneed to go back with the SDC to see if I can find it. :p

Just got home Heath and have thrown it on the scales, it is equivalent to a sweet 6.7g pure gold nugget at just under 18g in total weight.

Am a bit embarrassing that the 705 has outgunned my SDC and 5000, but I'll get over it. :D

Great stuff Ivo, when I find my phone I'll give you a call.

Those South Coast bends sent it flying under my car seat and it seems to have gobbled it up, I'll be buggered if I can find the darn thing. :mad:

9mm Goldpick, They and a bucket load more were found in a spot that was probably used as an ambush rock for the captain to scare the site out his troop,as they returned from their training run. Got a few 45s as well.

The spot on the opposite hillside, across the track, just above head height will be the spot I go when the price of lead goes through the roof. ;)

Went for a lunchtime walk and stumbled upon a potential detecting site. The drip line of trees has always been a favourite area of mine to date the age of the ground and 200ft pine indicated a spec was required.

On this occasion, the telltale signs of marbled glass and broken earthenware pottery confirmed that it has >1788 potential.

It was then, as the imagination was wandering towards the holey dollar and dump coin spill that I made a shockingly gruesome discovery. :eek: another body part.

:rolleyes: Memories flashed back to hill end with Heatho and Reeks, where I found the sillouette of unmistakable forarm sunbaking in an eroded gully.

Initially I thought this new find was a bit odd in appearance, but they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the curvatious features and fine ankle features must have rocked someone's whale boat.

I'll let you decide if you prefer the fine slender porcelain lines of the central west princess or the busty calf of the boatyard doll.

1467624030_image.jpg

Needless to say, a trip with the detector is in order.

Was busting for a piss, so I pulled off the highway down a state forrest track and ended up going for a little explore. Found a spot that looked like it could have seen some use in times gone by.

A handful of unfired WW2 era 303 training blanks under a sandstone overhang confirmed my suspicions but there was little else but a few wire fragments.

On the way back to the car I found a big tree with a hollow just big enough to fit the coil in sideways.....I got a bit of a shock with a clear 40 on the dial :eek: had me thinking this could be interesting :rolleyes: but I didn't expect a gold flash exploding from under the leaf litter. ;)

A surprising day is always a good day :D

1470315545_image.jpg

1470316104_image.jpg

Latest posts