Turbopan information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, have a read of my article in the Jan 2014 edition of GG&T, it is on the 16 inch, the pan needs to have water in it and lots of circular action. Search ffor Kim Trobopan on youtube for videos using both models, I had a quick couple of scoops in the mini and hit paydirt, literally two scoops, very very fine...

It just works..

Cheers, Tone

Iv got the larger one and it works fine give the 10" to the kids I noticed today at gold search in Dunolly they have a clasifier to fit the larger turbo pan $18

Hey Tone. I did read that and it was a great article. I would have been stoked if I got that :D
I use the large turbo pan regularly and it will always have a place in alongside all of my other gear. I love to use it for test panning.
But this particular spot I went last weekend was very high in iron stone. After I used it I was left with a small hill of iron stone and black sand in the center trap that made it very difficult to get it down enough to see if there was any colour.
Next time im there I will take a pic and post it so you can see exactly what I was up against.
However my concern is about the 10inch pan. The center trap of that one is so small iwould imagine people having the same problem on a regular basis.
I have a feeling that I will end up gettjng one anyway because the missus has always liked my one but hated the size.

I am looking to get a Turbo pan but can not find any in Australia, If anyone knows where can you please let me know where and how much please
Cheers Paul

Goldsearch dunolly' I use one over the summer and they work great for the small price,
dunolly also have a large plastic sieve to suit.

hi, i'm still new to this, looking at getting equipment and have come across the turbopans on ebay. do they work as advertised or is a normal pan better? any other pros/cons.
thanks

G'day Frosty,

I don' have a Turbopan myself but have seen one used with good results. I think usually you need plenty of water but I've seen one used with minimal water and the gold just ends up in the middle of the pan like its supposed to. At the end of the day, you might have to try a few pans before you settle on one your happy with, everyones different. Personally I prefer the Garret super sluice.

Try the search function and see what turns up in there, I'm sure I have seen the turbopan mentioned somewhere else .

Cheers

See my old topic "revisiting the turbo pan". You will still need a decent pan ( super sluice/prospector) by garrett for the cons as the turbo is nearly impossible to pan out of. It's drawback is it's not 100% sure that everything stays in but awesome for sampling and putting a large amount of test pans through in a very short time. The instructions it comes with are rubbish but a quick YouTube demo and it will make sense. Many grams have gone through my turbo. Grab a good snuffer too while you're at it. GT.

What Goldtarget said, great pan for testing and burning throught the material but mate us prospectors never stop at 1 pan, you need a whole range. I have 4 different pans and I use them all and yes I have got and used the turbopan and it will find you gold and fast just might not get the smaller bits.

Good luck mate and watch youtube for demos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5y7sY5mFIM

thanks guys. i think i might get a mini one and a garret and see how we go.
im going out in a few weeks for a hunt around.

Hi,

Does anyone have any thoughts on the turbo pan? Or would just a normal gold pan be good enough?

Thanks

eadesy77

Hi Eadesy77

Hi mate just my opinion as myself and my wife had brought a large turbo pan and there is certainly a technique to using it!!, but we personally didn't like or enjoy using it compared to a normal or super sluice pan but that's just our experience and thoughts on it, and because we have a habit of panning our cons at home and the turbo pan needs a bit more space to use it, as we use a tub that's not overly big to pan off in. As Grubstake suggested check out others experience's and check out people using different pans on YouTube as it will give you a good insight on panning technics and different pans that are out there. Good luck and enjoy what the great outdoors has to offer
Cheers

Thanks guys,

I checked the link out was very helpful. It is so good that lots of people on here are helpful. Much appreciated.

Once again Thanks

Latest posts