Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, there are heaps of spots to dig along the creek and still giving good gold,the tuena creek runs into the Abercrombie river....
Cheers GR.....
1421465068_image.jpg

wow seeing that gives me major inspiration. I just did a search on the government mapviewer nsw titles and it seems that most of the properties in Tuena themselves are crown land. Now im really confused how that works? i mean obviously you cant just go walking across these properties?

lol i know that im not that silly but on the map itself theres no houses or anything on half of the lots its just bare land nothing there but tracks?

Pawny,

A lot of crown land out the Tuena/Trunkey way has been leased to graziers on long-term leases, even though quite a bit of it may appear to be uncleared bushland. You should first obtain permission from the lessee before entering. And in some cases, the lessee may not actually live on the crown lease lot.

Good luck.

Don't worry about going on people's property's, just access the creek at the camp ground and you can walk both up and down stream for several kilometers with out a problem. There is still good gold close to town, so don't worry about going too far out ;)

ILikeGold said:
Don't worry about going on people's property's, just access the creek at the camp ground and you can walk both up and down stream for several kilometers with out a problem.

agreed, there is still lots of areas to find the yellow,even in the areas the have been "flogged" as flood gold is redistributed in a major flood event.

Happy hunting
cheers
Ryan

Ryan1981 said:
ILikeGold said:
Don't worry about going on people's property's, just access the creek at the camp ground and you can walk both up and down stream for several kilometers with out a problem.

agreed, there is still lots of areas to find the yellow,even in the areas the have been "flogged" as flood gold is redistributed in a major flood event.

Happy hunting
cheers
Ryan

Yep there are still areas that produce the yella , sample sample and you will find a good spot, attached is an example of a few days at Tuena

Cheers

Barry
1421537840_dsc_2201.jpg

Wow well maybe after the oallen meet I might try get to Tuena. I'm so new to all this I got so many places to go look at and explore thus why trying to get my bearings on these places :) some nice colour there like the vid by walnliz in 45mins had double that amount lol ancient wash I think they called it

Just a quest question, Is the camp ground at Tuena accessible with a sedan? and how far from the creek is the campground?

Yes no worries getting into the campground in 2wd sedan. The creek is right next to the campground , 20m walk depending on where you setup camp.

Thanks for that. Looking at heading there after the school holidays end for a few days.

When do the school holidays end? I didn't even. Think about that lol I've got a nissan patrol so I'm fortunate enough to get some of the more remote spots. In terms of Tuena everyone seems to just go down behind the cricket shed or something correct? Which I believes where the camp grounds are

Yeah mate but the area to the left is the main camping area if looking at the creek.
$5 per night or $10 for a powered site.
The allso have hot showers for $1 and toilets

Cheers
Ryan

Thanks guys great to see some useful advice and help. Do i hve to book in advance or just rock up and pay for a few nights etc?

no booking required mate, its a first in kinda scenario. but having said that there's heaps of room,you just pay for each night up at Parsons general store.
Also take some $1 coins for the hot showers
Cheers
Ryan

Thanks for that Ryan :) ill have a crack mybe this weekend :) just waitin on some mesh for the banker im building. If anyones there this weekend i might see you :)

Latest posts