Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello to all my friends I would just like to imform u that I have sold my shak in tuena I will still be down there a lot and would be nice to go for a dig withevery one in tuena or nundle o yer sorry about my spelling regards goldtoung (aka lazylazdins and adam) thank you
:p

G'day , Heading to Tuena this weekend coming , haven't been before and cannot get hold of the general store at the moment , is it first in best dressed or do you book a powered site ?
Cheers

Should be some pools of water left there , altho they would be disapearing pretty quick. About 100 metres up from the river crossing towards the shops has a deep pool which would still be holding water.
And as Doug said its first in best dressed but usually plenty of room , just the powered sites may be gone first. You can piggy back of someone else if desperate but do the right thing and pay the shop for a powered site. $5 non powered , $10 powered and $1 for ever 4 mins in the shower :cool:

Gaz

Just got home from Tuena there is still the odd pool around with enough water for a highbanker. Leaches are still around also.
Jon

Going to test the recirculation skills out a bit shortly. :)
Should not be a problem as I have picked the deepest water holes to work on.
Knowing my luck the rain will come the week we are there. LOL

We should get the rain this week i hope. Now how did that dance go again.
1460978071_848401191.gif

Looks to be like the whole Tuena area may be under an exploration license if the new application is granted, 186 square kilometres, wonder if it will make any changes in the use of the current fossicking area

usually after they finish their exploration the results have to be made a part of public record.. these results may be very good reading.. drill holes,loaming and creek testing.. digs... in some states you have to get permission to prospect on the area in their licence.. :| https://search.geoscience.nsw.gov.au/

The LE may be granted however there is still some hope for fossicking. It will have to be gazzeted prior to coming into effect.Check the forum for the implications.
Extract from the council site http://www.upperlachlan.nsw.gov.au/news/briefs-17-march-2016-council-meeting

""The Upper Lachlan Shire could soon be the newest hotspot for fossicking in NSW.

Council will write to the NSW Department of Industry, Resources and Energy to request that the Shire be formally recognised as a fossicking district.

Upper Lachlan Shire Mayor John Shaw said that fossicking was already a popular activity in the area.

A number of people travel to our Shire to fossick for gold across the Abercrombie River, or for sapphires at Grabben Gullen, Cr Shaw said.

By declaring the Shire a fossicking district, were encouraging more tourists to come to our area, which has the potential to make a significant boost to the local economy.

However, fossickers will still have to respect private property and follow the guidelines and requirements set out by the NSW Government. ""

Barry

It's been gazetted as per below:

Upper Lachlan
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4485/1465615253_upper_lachlan.pdf

Print off a couple of copies in case anyone questions you in regards to fossicking on the EL or pending EL.
As long as you have permission or the right to access + fossick land in the Upper Lachlan Shire then you DO NOT need EL holder permission/s there anymore :D

Edit: this had been in effect since the 12/04/2016 as per NSW Government Gazette no. 28 dated 15/04/2016. I recently forwarded this to Upper Lachlan Shire Council & the local tourism body as they were waiting on notification of the gazettal. They should be aware now that they are the new Fossicking District no. 56. :cool:

Latest posts