Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all.
Always get a bit concerned as there is lots of private land and areas known for AU.
Just like to be as non-invasive as I can...

Again thanks

mad Mike said:
Hello
Can anyone advise of the water level in tuena creek
Thank you
Not sure if the river is the Abercrombie? If it is, it shows between 1 and 1.5 - Go to the Bom site and search for river levels.

no

the forecast at tuena creek is intermittent puddles.........

when last there i would say 95 % of the creek was dry with puddles every so often.

after all the rain we had you might get another 0.001 mm in the creek but eventually it will decide to start filling and all the yabbies will have their party hats on.

If you want some fun , next time you pick up a yabbie try putting it in the top of your sluice and watch it bouncing down the rapids

i swear you can almost hear them scream " YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE " as they go down

they love the surf

Members v guests there are 34members and 134guests on this site at the moment, hopefully there will be some room left to camp at tuena,the creek could look like the old days highbankers side by side down the creek,hopefully a lot of these guests don't get to much information on where everyone will be fossicking the place will be a mad house....... :eek:

Drove straight passed Tuena yesterday mate, too many claim jumpers for this little digger ;) Have fun .

DD

Was out there on Saturday with Bazza, had a good day.
Keen to haed out again for a weekend, but can only stay for the Saturday night.

Peter. :cool:

Hi,

I spent a few days in Tuena weds 9th to 13th July , the first few days were pretty ordinary with drizzly rain and cold temps , the creek was up a little and the crossing approaching borderline for cars to cross.

Phantom and his brother also braved the elements and we used one of the shelters after dark in the camping area as a means to escape the intermittent showers that seemed to never stop. Not sure of the temps but with the rain it was bearable.

Phantom (aka Eric) got a bit stuck at one location we went to in his station wagon so had to pull him out a couple of times with my Suzi, such were the conditions , the ground was pretty saturated.

I had to be content with using my river sluice config on my highbanker bed as I managed to leave my pump pickup hose at home (stupid me), I have a spot that is producing good gold but could only have one session at it on the Saturday with pjg100 . As you can see from the pic attached of my first test pan on the Weds arvo it's looking pretty good.

Tuena has been a bit unlucky for me in regard to highbanking as on the previous occasion some weeks ago I snapped my slotted spray bar about 2 hours in and could not continue in that spot.

Next time I will highbank the hell out of it I hope to do well.

1405379998_dsc_2141.jpg

Latest posts