Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
just how cold is the cold at Tuena Goldtongue ?

Grafton had minus 11 a few days ago

I heard there was a big line of brass monkeys at the police station lodging lost property reports afterwards

Headsup, I think the how cold stories are getting like the how big a fish I caught stories.

From the BOM
Graftons coldest min temp on record -2.2C 17th July 1970 (Coldest this month 0.1C )

Glen Innes coldest temp -9.5C on record was out at the airport in 1962 and 2012 (Coldest this month -5.5C)

elrodeo said:
HeadsUp said:

I heard there was a big line of brass monkeys at the police station lodging lost property reports afterwards

Headsup, I think the how cold stories are getting like the how big a fish I caught stories.

From the BOM
Graftons coldest min temp on record -2.2C 17th July 1970 (Coldest this month 0.1C )

Glen Innes coldest temp -9.5C on record was out at the airport in 1962 and 2012 (Coldest this month -5.5C)

sorry i just checked it was Glen Innes where it was measured , by a local farmer who has his own mini weather station , and it was 11.3 celcius on July 12 , as reported in the Glen Innes Examiner.
He also said he has measured -15 this month.

BOM goes by the temps recorded where their instruments are set up , not by the coldest spot

i am going to trust the locals ;)

HeadsUp said:
BOM goes by the temps recorded where their instruments are set up , not by the coldest spot

I know what the airport records around here doesn't always reflect what the temp is even in town; let alone other outlying areas. I know the airport can record -3 while out at work it is closer to -7. ;)

HeadsUp said:
elrodeo said:
HeadsUp said:

From the BOM

sorry i just checked it was Glen Innes where it was measured , by a local farmer who has his own mini weather station , and it was 11.3 celcius on July 12 , as reported in the Glen Innes Examiner.

Bom gauges have standards to how and where they are positioned.
-15c at Glen Innes this month? I highly doubt that is an accurate reading.
True that some micro climate areas will be slightly cooler but not to that extent.

Anyway, if your thinking of heading to the Central tablelands this friday snow is forecast to 700m which would be quite a few prospecting spots that PA members visit.

Might need to build a plow for the Patrol :D

Reeks said:
HeadsUp said:
elrodeo said:
HeadsUp said:

From the BOM

Bom gauges have standards to how and where they are positioned.
-15c at Glen Innes this month? I highly doubt that is an accurate reading.
True that some micro climate areas will be slightly cooler but not to that extent.

Anyway, if your thinking of heading to the Central tablelands this friday snow is forecast to 700m which would be quite a few prospecting spots that PA members visit.

Might need to build a plow for the Patrol :D

this friday ? :(

thanks for the heads up , where i was planning to be is 625 metres + , snow nearby would be okay but adding wind will be the game changer

See you them mate the creek is up your spot is under water a the moment
more rain on the way ..
Cheers GR... :p

It was a tad cold up that way yesterday

1405723124_crookwell_snow.jpg

Thanks Bazza.
My young bloke wanted me to go camping in the state forest near Duck Maloy this weekend. Thank god he was called into work. It's about 22 inside at the moment.

Hey guys and gals as some of you know I'm very new to prospecting. I've never been to Tuena but have heard its not a bad place to go and have a play around. I've heard mention of people goin to some camp ground in tuena and going down to the creek behind it. What my question is which way does the creek flow for starters? Does it flow to or from the Abercrombie river? Te other question I have is everyone talk sof the same spot so I imagine its been flogged to death and all along the creek looks like private properties so what other options are there on the tuena creek?
I'm not asking people to give away they're secret spots and even if you did I'm that green I probably couldn't find much :p I'm just after a rough idea of other places along the creek to pan or sluice.

Cheers Justin

Latest posts