Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my first prototype detector shaft protector.
Made of canvas with a Velcro strip down it for ease of install and top and bottom tightening Velcro to keep in place.
Will test tomorrow when I go and see "gcause "
Anybody interested in 1? Will probably make them in desert cam 1000denier cordura for max strength and long lasting, plus the cordura doesn't stick with prickles and those annoying little black bard tthings.that cover your socks

1382668650_img_20131025_123946.jpg

Can also do the Velcro loops for cable wraps if you don't want the full sock

looking for rare earth magnets? got an old computer tower with a hard drive? a Rare earth magnet is a component of the hard drive.

Well its been a busy day for me in the ManLab, I finally finished this project for the Dremel..

Enough room to store all the bits and pieces, got the plan from Australian Woodsmith magazine.

there are few learning curve moments on the way, but all in all, not to bad for my first job at detailed cabinet work, lots of dado joins and stuff I knew nothing about until now!
It even has a dust box and tool holder with a 3/4 nut embedded in it. Go me!

1384332237_rotary_tool_cabinet.jpg

If anyone wants to make one, I can send you the article and cut diagram via pm or email.

Cheers, Tone

That is a nice looking cabinet!
Tempted to get the artical...
One problem, I don't have many attachments for my Dremel and I don't use it enough to warrant me buying me more... I need to hand in a business case to the wifey if I want to spend money... haha
*sigh*

SF

I made a 1.9m brake press for bending the aluminium sheet for my highbanker. Im gonna need some straps/carry harness for it just like the original walbanker.

Any design tips appreciated.

Peter

Make that three of us, in fact i would ask you to make a separate post explaining the steps as i think a sheet metal press is something every diy prospector would want to have in his/her arsenal :lol:
As for straps the EASIEST option would be to cut a set of a back pack and fasten them to the bottom of your highbanker, but as i say that's the easy way, making them from scratch isn't overly difficult but to make a decent set that will be comfortable and last forever is time consuming, and requires a sewing machine capable of sewing 2 layers of canvas and a layer of density foam similar to that used in lay flat camping/yoga mats...
Not to mention requiring a dedicated post to explain the steps which means needing to be at a computer to draw up design specs etc and Im not currently home but if you like i could possibly write one up tonight :p

Finished off a batch of these harnesses this morning.
They are for the Q1 skypoint walk on the gold coast.
3 anti suicide features built in.

beehas.jpg

An amazing bit of gear there Joe, but where do the explosives go? (Joking) :lol:

Haha no chance of that, they even make you wear pocketless 1piece overalls and are only allowed to have photos taken by the climb leaders which of course you have to pay big $ for.

Didn't think anyone would be interested in a brake press(should be called a bend press!)! However, if you are making your own highbanker, you need to be able to bend Aluminium sheet. My modified Walbanker is 1.5m long, and therefore a 1.5m bend was required. Cost me about $100 bucks for some angle iron to do the job, but also some hinges and a requirement to use a stick or mig welder to weld the hinges on. If you don't think u can use a welder.... you are wrong. A quick trip to Bunnings and a bit of youtubing and you're all good. Not that expensive.

Im stupid for not having budgeted for my Hero 3 + to video the build of the brake press and the higbanker. Ill have to take a pic of my banker so far.

Peter

Latest posts