Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much cooking lately. Hard slog at work. I have a rare, long weekend off. Tried something new today just for fun. Armadillo eggs, smoked inthe Weber. Bloody yum. I will be making them again with a few tweaks.

1565939145_aaeggs1.jpg

1565939146_aaeggs8.jpg

1565939146_aaeggs99.jpg

Ramjet, they look sensational mate!
I have 8 plump jalapeos ready for their date with Mr Weber tomorrow.
Was going to go the atomic buffalo turd method for these but will definitely have to give the armadillo eggs a go next time.
Havent heard of them before but they look very tasty.
Lately, with the Abts I have been wrapping them in prosciutto or Serrano as I find it crisps up a bit better than bacon.
Enjoy your long weekend and looks like some top weather to go with it :cool:

Billy said:
Haha well I dont know about that Sir :lol:
I would be interested in a bit of a recipe/write-up once you work out your preferred way of doing them.

Watched a few Youtubes then made them. So it's pork mince, cheese, bacon and Jalapenos. You can use beef or chicken. Seen them done with chicken breasts too. What I did... Take the seeds out of the Jalapenos. Mix cream cheese, grated cheese of your choice and your fav pork rub. Fill the Jalapenos. Mix pork mince with finely diced bacon and more of the rub. Cover the Jalapeno with the mince, wrap in bacon and smoke about an hour in a moderate temp. Baste with BBQ sauce towards the end. It was just an experiment for me but very happy with how they turned out.

Thanks for that mate :Y:
They sound bloody delicious and will definitely be giving them a go.
Just preparing the Weber now for some Abts for lunch :drooling:

Ramjet said:
Billy said:
Thank you for the kind words Mr Jet :D
I agree with supporting the local food producers and you really cant beat it for taste and quality.
I will have to get over to Maitland and check out the Thursday gig :drooling:
Is it every Thursday?

It used to be evry Thursday but I think it is every 2nd Thursday now. Follow them on Facebook.... https://www.facebook.com/SlowFoodHunterValley/

Im not on farcebook mate, but will get the Mrs to have a look.
She has also just signed up to the slow cooker page so will be interested in seeing what goes on there :cool:

Billy said:

I should have made double. LOL. Mrs Ramjet kept asking for more. 1/2 kilo of mince is enough for 4.
I am doing the Sunday roast thing later. A small piece of pork in the Weber. I will also make poppers from the left over Jalapenos and cheesy stuffing mix.

Ramjet said:
Billy said:

I should have made double. LOL. Mrs Ramjet kept asking for more. 1/2 kilo of mince is enough for 4.
I am doing the Sunday roast thing later. A small piece of pork in the Weber. I will also make poppers from the left over Jalapenos and cheesy stuffing mix.

Haha aint it always the way :p never enough.
Ive got 14 Abts smoking away now and there probably still wont be enough :lol:

So my proud dad moment for today. Our youngest, Kiera, has just qualified as a chef. These are the dishes she created from a mystery box as her final exam. It was a mystery box challenge.
We are so happy that we passed our passion for cooking onto our 5 children. I now enjoy cooking with the grandkids and hope they also get a passion for it.

1566272578_68666652_10214282223588039_5967746608413016064_n.jpg

1566272578_69416196_10214282223268031_2780616738587279360_o.jpg

1566272578_68627824_10214282223708042_1746282953220030464_o.jpg

1566272578_69620477_10214282223908047_536123445956575232_o.jpg

Ramjet said:
So my proud dad moment for today. Our youngest, Kiera, has just qualified as a chef. These are the dishes she created from a mystery box as her final exam. It was a mystery box challenge.
We are so happy that we passed our passion for cooking onto our 5 children. I now enjoy cooking with the grandkids and hope they also get a passion for it.
Thats awesome Mr Jet! :clap: :trophy:
The food looks sensational and hopefully you got to sample them all :drooling:
Is she hoping to find work at any of the restaurants in the Hunter region?

Latest posts