Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean cooked breaky for nan and pop.

1564281978_20190728_120426.jpg

So glad to have found some more foodies!! :D I love cooking and really enjoy searching markets and exploring new places looking for yummy new ingredients to use.

So many delicious looking meals in this thread, it's amazing! :D :clap:

Panny McGee said:
So glad to have found some more foodies!! :D I love cooking and really enjoy searching markets and exploring new places looking for yummy new ingredients to use.

So many delicious looking meals in this thread, it's amazing! :D :clap:

Welcome Panny. Sure is some great looking meals.

sand surfer said:
Hi ramjet ,have you tried silverside in the smoker,hot smoke at 150 to 160c for about 3 hours or till cooked(i do mine to the well done mark on the meat thermometer 170 f/77 c )with 1 tray of saw dust(to much smoke it may go bitter)cut the crust on the outside off(about 1 to 3mm thick) to salty and enjoy :Y:

No I have never smoked a silverside. Must give it a go. Seen all sorts of... strange concoctions. In slow cookers they use ginger beer or lemonade to cook it. The latest craze is doing silverside in a honey mustard sauce.

Excuse my messy stove. I haven't been cooking much latley as the freezer has been full of frozen meals and the kids like to experiment.
Today I'm cleaning out the fridge and freezer.
Making a spag bol and a broth with lamb bones. I'll probably chuck some chunky veg into the broth once it's strained out. Love my broth soups.
1564378163_20190729_152302.jpg

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd recommend an awesome store for fresh farm produce. It's in a town called Elaine in Victoria (Midland Hwy) and the store is called 'The Farmgate Shop'.

Freshly butchered meat (beef/lamb and pork), fresh veggies, milk, bread and eggs, all local stuff and very tasty.
Can definitely recommend the meat!

Well worth checking out if your digging around near the area :) :perfect:

Panny McGee said:
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd recommend an awesome store for fresh farm produce. It's in a town called Elaine in Victoria (Midland Hwy) and the store is called 'The Farmgate Shop'.

Freshly butchered meat (beef/lamb and pork), fresh veggies, milk, bread and eggs, all local stuff and very tasty.
Can definitely recommend the meat!

Well worth checking out if your digging around near the area :) :perfect:

It's great to support local farmers. We have a couple of farm gate shops in the Maitland area. NSW that is. There is also a Slow Food Hunter Valley organization. On Thursdays a dozen or more farmers, Apiarist etc etc bring their produce into the centre of town and set up. Great stuff.

Latest posts