Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the kind words Mr Jet :D
I agree with supporting the local food producers and you really cant beat it for taste and quality.
I will have to get over to Maitland and check out the Thursday gig :drooling:
Is it every Thursday?

Billy said:
Thank you for the kind words Mr Jet :D
I agree with supporting the local food producers and you really cant beat it for taste and quality.
I will have to get over to Maitland and check out the Thursday gig :drooling:
Is it every Thursday?

It used to be evry Thursday but I think it is every 2nd Thursday now. Follow them on Facebook.... https://www.facebook.com/SlowFoodHunterValley/

I have to practice my cooking a little rough so that I can use those skills when we go camping.

Usually "there can only be one" chicken, but it always gets devoured by the tribe, so this time I tried to do two in the Weber,
with some lateral thinking and charcoal.

They were falling apart getting them into a pan for my wife to take them inside, when I got inside after closing off the air intakes,
miss 10yrs was already eating chicken. LOL
That was about a 4 second head start on my arrival. - think dinner with the 'Croods'

These chickens are super moist and just fall away from the bone really juicy and soft with a crispy skin to die for,
we really enjoy them, the kids cant get enough and easily go thru an entire 1.2kg chook.

1564657974_img_20190801_1738172.jpg

1564658068_img_20190801_1738442.jpg

Greenhornet_au said:
I have to practice my cooking a little rough so that I can use those skills when we go camping.

Usually "there can only be one" chicken, but it always gets devoured by the tribe, so this time I tried to do two in the Weber,
with some lateral thinking and charcoal.

They were falling apart getting them into a pan for my wife to take them inside, when I got inside after closing off the air intakes,
miss 10yrs was already eating chicken. LOL
That was about a 4 second head start on my arrival. - think dinner with the 'Croods'

These chickens are super moist and just fall away from the bone really juicy and soft with a crispy skin to die for,
we really enjoy them, the kids cant get enough and easily go thru an entire 1.2kg chook.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/8767/1564657974_img_20190801_1738172.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/8767/1564658068_img_20190801_1738442.jpg
Try Japanese yakitori sauce and Japanese kewpie mayonnaise to dip ya chook in (available at any Coles or woolys) ?

Thanks for that 20x, I like those kind of hints :Y: anything to make me the hero Chef O:)
Wife wil check for some today. ;)

The chooks are cooked on those Beer can racks, but I dont use Beer, I use cans of Coke only half full and puncture the
sides around the top 1/3.
Bunnings have them for $3.50 locally.

The moisture and the flavour is amasing, family really flip over the chicken, and actually cheer when they know it is coming.
I have tried Beer, Lemonade, Lemons, Oranges, wine, just water, but the Coke is a clear winner every time :trophy:

I normally use the standard grill rack with no pan, but this time no grill, I sat the pan on top of two bricks because the 2x chooks
were too tall for the lid to go on.

Charcoal instead of the normal brickettes, found out that it is better to break up the charcoal into Golfball size bits because
they seem to fire better and give more consistent heat in the Weber.

Got another experimental cooking system to try soon, bit of an upside down cooking technique, I hope it works for me, :bomb:

Greenhornet_au said:
Thanks for that 20x, I like those kind of hints :Y: anything to make me the hero Chef O:)
Wife wil check for some today. ;)

The chooks are cooked on those Beer can racks, but I dont use Beer, I use cans of Coke only half full and puncture the
sides around the top 1/3.
Bunnings have them for $3.50 locally.

The moisture and the flavour is amasing, family really flip over the chicken, and actually cheer when they know it is coming.
I have tried Beer, Lemonade, Lemons, Oranges, wine, just water, but the Coke is a clear winner every time :trophy:

I normally use the standard grill rack with no pan, but this time no grill, I sat the pan on top of two bricks because the 2x chooks
were too tall for the lid to go on.

Charcoal instead of the normal brickettes, found out that it is better to break up the charcoal into Golfball size bits because
they seem to fire better and give more consistent heat in the Weber.

Got another experimental cooking system to try soon, bit of an upside down cooking technique, I hope it works for me, :bomb:
Not hinting just a suggestion to try new flavours if ya haven't.
Roasting chooks in an oven tray in a mix of fresh squeezed orange juice and sweet chilli sauce brings on some flavour to ?

LOL, just my way of saying it, I love to try new flavours myself, but kids can be hard to please.

ALL suggestions are well noted. Hints too. ;)

Wife didnt find any, but that what happens when you send a woman to do a mans job !

Men hunt it down then kill it to drag it home, in a supermarket sense, we ask the staff until we find it. LOL O:)

This thread makes me so hungry! :drooling: So many amazing cooks and talented foodies in this group! :clap: :perfect:

This was a meal we picked up on our way home from a great afternoon scratching around in Slaty Creek. Stopped off at Holy Smokes BBQ in Ballarat before we headed home..

1565352980_received_2441408039215907.jpg

Hope you all have an amazing weekend, and for those of you in Victoria, try to stay warm and dry if you can!! :) :Y:

Latest posts