Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my gem fossicking kit thanks to detect a den.

Bought a backpack to store all the goodies and bunnings supplied me with great tools for the hard labour

New Kobalt shovel (thanks for tip GoldDigg), after trying to dig big gravel with square nose garden shovel at Turon Gates, and baby cheapy for crevicing.

I got the Kobalt with metal handle with rubberised grip at the top. Guy in the store said a few, with wooden handles, had been returned due to splinters.

1403333401_shovels.jpg

Regards Phantom

Glad to see you got one. The fiberglass handle may last a bit longer than mine. Imagine taking a shovel back because you got splinters. .. what a bunch of wingers. Those little shovels are awesome too fots perfectly ina bucket.

Just bought a Garrett Pro-Pointer to use in conjunction with the 20" deepseeker coil on my ATX. Planning to head out tomorrow to try them out on a local goldfield. It should save a lot of unnecessary digging and give me a bit more time detecting. Full report to follow.

Today my miners bible arrived :) picked this beauty up in the uk for $35 delivered. Very happy to open it up and find that this copy was borrowed from an Australian geological survey company back in 1980 and now its made its way back here. Lots of reading to do.

1403479892_20140623_091849.jpg
1403479911_20140623_092440.jpg

Nice pick-up mate. I have the Kindle and Epub versions. The person who scanned them must have been on the frothies for a month!!!!

loamer said:
Nice pick-up mate. I have the Kindle and Epub versions. The person who scanned them must have been on the frothies for a month!!!!
lol i cant imagine scanning 500+ pages that would do my head in too :)

i saw a video of a machine that does it automatically , it takes the book from a pile , sticks it onto a support frame and then turns the pages one at a time while the scanner does its thing.

library's all around the world are going that way to digitise and save it all

plus of course it creates online sales opportunities

bit off topic - Google play has lots of free gold books (out of copyright) to read on-line and there is a library set-up as well.

Estwing E3-22P Pointed Tip Rock Pick, let that gold try and hide now.

Ebay from US, great deal USD $36 +$12 Shipping ordered 19/6 delivered 23/6 not bad.

1403511888_pick.jpg

Regards,

Phantom

Latest posts