Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I bought a GPX4000. Had a quick swing on the way home near Heathcote (a .22 casing only came up but seems to be working very nicely). Came with an 11" DD, 17" NF mono, speaker, harness with Camelbak cleverly integrated and an s-shaped upper shaft. Got a CC Pick as part of the negotiation.

Ordered JP's DVD this morning.

Looking for a small mono, perhaps the PMcoils 12x4.

Happy days!

Awesome sparra! I would love a gold machine like that, ahhhhhh atleast dreams are free

Today I received 2 parcels in the mail.

This prospecting belt/bag. Has 3 pockets as well as elastic loops to hold items. Also came with the Garrett pro pointer lanyard securing ring and stretchy cord to attach it to the bag or ? The belt will double as the belt for my hip mounted Infinium box.

And this scoop. (handle is from bunnings $8) The scoop is an Indiana Prime, from that mob in Latvia via E-Bay.
A couple of $1 coins to show its size.
Can hardly wait to get to the beach.

X-terra 705 duel coil pack 950 bucks,Anaconda.

Very happy so far, already started digging holes in the back garden.

ed80 said:
X-terra 705 duel coil pack 950 bucks,Anaconda.

Very happy so far, already started digging holes in the back garden.

Hi ed80

Good onya!! You are going to have some fun :)

Cheers Monty

Thanks Monty just reading through the manual there is more to this detector than i thought.
Already finding rubbish,great to hear the machine go off though.
Looking forward to getting out in the big bad world. :)

ed80

Suggest that you read and re-read the manual. It sounds a bit daunting at first, but eventually you become aware of what everything does / is used for.

SA Bogan has some UTube videos on the 705 setup and are helpful. I had a note pad when I watched them and I take this with me when I am out detecting,
just in case I have one of those 'senior moments' :)

Quick question:- what are you looking for with the detector? Coins/Relics/Gold/anything...........

I have not used mine on the beach yet, but the local parks have been fun.

Cheers Monty

Hi Monty at the moment looking for anything,just in the back garden, which i must add is an old orchad down here in Tassie.Using the defalt settings digging everything and take mental notes of readings.Todays finds ring pulls off cans,one full key,the top of another key,a bullet shell to big for a 22 may be a 303 not sure, and the case off an old watch with some inscription made in korea.,still a good learning curve,may adventure out to some sites on Monday. Have a good one.

Today I went to buy a simple 100mm cut-off disc for my grinder but......I got distracted by this... :lol:
1400669282_drtemel_1077_x_808.jpg

Been looking at them for ages

Now you just need the accessories to go with it. :)
You know they sell a drill press arrangement to hold those as well don't you? Great for doing fine work as it leaves your hands free to move the material under the dremel.

Hi Chris. I have that same model. There is a post in Today I Made showing a cabinet i made for mine.. i have the plans if you want.

Cheers Tone

TenOunce Tone said:
Hi Chris. I have that same model. There is a post in Today I Made showing a cabinet i made for mine.. i have the plans if you want.
Cheers Tone

I know Tone. I blame you for my Dremel obsession.... :lol: Where will it end??
Today the Rotary, then the Saw.the Trio,the Drill Stand and and and....

I have it on good authority the drill stand is pretty ordinary. The guides are plastic and snap/loosen up not giving a tru vertical plane. If you are thinking of getting one get one with steel fittings. I think sydney tools sells a decent one. I bought a ozito bench mount drill press for my woodworking and other projects

I have a few attachments for my dremel. It is a very handy tool. Take the time to get the feel of the different bits on different materials. The high speed can cause some slips if you use too much or too little pressure..

Cheers Tone

Latest posts