Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How to Process your Black sands Concentrates by Verne Ballantyne 1985 (old typed manuscript) for $10.

Hi Girls and Boys,
Just taken delivery of the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; now the fun bit starts, learning how to drive the beast and in particular how to use it for research purposes and me getting up to speed with GIS software.
Cheers,SinHof.

New headphones for the Infinium due to crap connection and busted pin on the old ones. A new plug is nearly half the cost of a new set, so just didn't bother, and got a new pair instead. :)

Went and had a long chat to George over at NQ Miners Den today, he is one of natures true gentlemen.

I didn't leave empty handed so he is one of natures true salesman as well :) Only kidding I have been meaning to get one of these for ages.

Bought my very first river sluice, an appropriately named El Dorado, cant wait to get out there and try her out.

It has a nice wide slick pan up top so I should be able to feed and process a decent amount of gravel through it and even comes with a convenient carry handle:

1398501385_cairnsriversluice1.jpg

Interestingly the riffles are pointing in the opposite direction to what I am used to they are pointing to the end of the sluice not the top, it will be interesting to see how it goes:

1398501414_cairnsriversluice2.jpg

Would appreciate any advice from members on the best way to setup and use these as I have never tried one before only used high bankers.

Hey mate noce purchase. That riffle pattern will serve you well. Best advice I can offer is allow for a few inches of drop per foot of sluice and adjust based in water volume. You will most often have to build a wing dam to not only drive more water but also hold the sluice in place. You are aiming to form a v of water mid way down yoir sluice it will make sense once youve had a play with it.

With an aggressive expanded mesh pattern you dont have to be too worried about classifying but if you have alot of fine gold you will increase recovery if you do. To check angle and water flow you just check a few shovels bof material through. You want your smallish quartz to bounce down tge box amd clear in 20/30 seconds. Hope that helps have fun with your new toy :)

Today I sold my 2003 Nissan Navara that I have had since new and bought a 2008 Hilux...Not too sure if it's an upgrade yet but time will tell...

Cheers...Sparra

Sparra said:
Today I sold my 2003 Nissan Navara that I have had since new and bought a 2008 Hilux...Not too sure if it's an upgrade yet but time will tell...

Cheers...Sparra

Wtf... you traded in a Nissan for a toyota.... you loco man ;) (admittedly if I was ever tempted over to the dark side hilux woukd be right up there )

G0lddigg@ said:
Sparra said:

Cheers...Sparra

Wtf... you traded in a Nissan for a toyota.... you loco man ;) (admittedly if I was ever tempted over to the dark side hilux woukd be right up there )

Power wise there is no comparison as my Nav was chipped,3" exhaust,blanked off egr and it went like a rocket...Comfort wise the Hilux eats it,smooth to drive,comfortable and most of all really quiet inside...The power will be sorted over the next few months...I originally traded a 1987 ,2.4 diesel Hilux with 430000ks on it for the Nav so time will tell if this new one serves me as well but somewhow I don't think so...

Cheers...Sparra

A lortone rock tumbler or should I say a coin tumbler for all the dirty modern coins. Just need to steal some aquarium gravel from my fish. LOL

3-05-14 today I bought a new, :D
s/h coromal pop top van,2007, and an ice cream for lunch !

I dropped into NQ Miners Den and picked up an Angus MacKirk Grubbstake sluice.

Cheers

Gerard

A pulsator! Have been wanting one for some time, one finally came up for a good price. Drove out to Emerald today and picked it up - it's a heavy bugger, the bloke lifted into our trailer after having slung it from chains round his excavator bucket. Two strong blokes could probably just handle it but it sure ain't light.

There was probably six or eight handfulls of gravel in the trays. Out of habit I started flicking though it. Bloke said "no good looking in there, she's been well picked over". When we stopped at Duaringa, I got up and had a closer look - and pulled out three little sapphires about the size of match heads. I reckon I can see another couple wedged in the corners.

Will give it a test run with water going through tomorrow - and then it will get parked in the shed with all the other machines while the agonizing wait for approval for my claims drags on :mad:

Latest posts