Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting really annoyed on buying products online because of this COVID bull crap,
I bought a weeks supply of groceries spent 150 my normal spending and only got half my products because the other foods are not in stock.

I bought online a 60L camping fridge didn't come with the 12v 24v 240v plugs, I questioned the company, so they sent out another set of plugs, unfortunately, the plugs were for the wrong model. Arrg the frustration.

So ill just stick to buying beer at least that won't go wrong.

Looks like the salesperson at Hardly Normal just got me to buy one of these. I should get it in the mail in a couple of weeks.
1600771781_screenshot_20200922-184603_copy_800x600.jpg

My old Galaxy Tab S2 is having charging problems and the screen is coming adrift.

Cheers

Doug

Moneybox said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Looks like the salesperson at Hardly Normal just got me to buy one of these. I should get it in the mail in a couple of weeks.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1_screenshot_20200922-184603_copy_800x600.jpg
My old Galaxy Tab S2 is having charging problems and the screen is coming adrift.

Cheers

Doug

Nice Doug. I'd like to replace my old Tab-A because it's screen is cracked and the battery is lazy. It's my best mobile prospecting device.

Have to agree with you there Phil. Maybe we shouldn't use them as shovels. :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Today I bought a 9LTR. fridge/freezer. -20 to + 20C. $139 at Jaycar. Sole purpose to have frozen meals or snags and steak. I hate the cryo packs, the meat tastes off after a few days in the 45LTR Engel. So Engel for drinks and vegies etc. and the Brass Monkey for rock hard frozen stuff -Ice cream etc.
45W, .25KWH over 24hrs. Current 3.8A / 1.9A, 12V/24VDC.
Can't even hear it running-beautiful.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/9l-brass-monkey-portable-fridge-or-freezer/p/GH1627

I might head out to the new camping sight called "harthillcamping.com. early next month when the school hols are over. They would like me to check it out and give some advice in developing there new enterprise. So Carolyn and I might go and sniff around. The idea of no private campfires worries me a bit as a lot of us just want to get away from life for a while. Amenities are my greatest concern. Thanks for asking.

Just had a look at their website, looks an interesting place, we'd certainly give it a try, but first impressions are it's only for tent based camping not for fully independent campers trailers that have all their own necessities. We're past tents now and are set up for remote camping.

Have to agree with you on the campfires, can understand it from the safety angle, but there are times when one prefers a private gathering.

Keeping a ear out for what you discover Jaros. ;)

Bought an Aldi Pizza Oven on Saturday.
No axle supplied. So I used a couple galvanised bolts.
Fired it up today. Heated to over 700 C Took maybe 1.5 hrs to cool to 300C so we could use it. Yummo ! Just yummo.

Some down sides.
Doors dont seal very well on lower edges.
Top cooking section has no insulation at all.
Needs fire bricks.
Flue not long enough...works but it would draw better with longer flu.
Bottom air flow door is too thin. Warps with heat. But comes good.
All in all for the money its a good buy.

1601285174_received_3307093062744962.jpg

The tray we put on top of the pizza stone which got too hot.
1601285254_received_4491331450940656.jpg

1601285317_received_750127575568308.jpg

Yeah mate. Katrina (9 yo) and I got to the Aldi store at 7:15 am
6 people in front of us. By the time we got to the pizza cookers there were only 2 left out of 6 that they had in store.

One day I will make a proper one probably out of Perlite and refactory cement etc.
Bricking would be great if I were better at it.

Bur for now. Pretty happy.

Yeah got the pizza stone But it gets too hot. ( The black plate isnt what we cooked on its what I put the pizza on to eat from.)Thats why we used a raised pizza grill on top of the stone. The grill in the top picture is what the stone sits on. Worked a treat.

Latest posts