Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
No Pab, that is still a manual job.

Ok, the smart hand use type Stihl file system does both, but some consider that it files down the rake too much, especially if cutting really hard wood. Likely horses for courses and how you use the file system.

I also have an electric unit, but prefer the hand approach, especially for the regular general touchups, especially out in the field. My use is only for firewood collection, but I also carry a spare chain or two for both the Stihls that I use, in case I hit something nasty.

Rob P.

So my other half has wanted one of these since we started prospecting, and today I was finally able to get him one :)

1566636008_20190824_183723.jpg

PabloP said:
Redfin said:
No Pab, that is still a manual job.

Ok, the smart hand use type Stihl file system does both, but some consider that it files down the rake too much, especially if cutting really hard wood. Likely horses for courses and how you use the file system.

I also have an electric unit, but prefer the hand approach, especially for the regular general touchups, especially out in the field. My use is only for firewood collection, but I also carry a spare chain or two for both the Stihls that I use, in case I hit something nasty.

Rob P.

I find I only have to touch up the rake every 7 to 8 touchups, so no biggy, the speed, ease and result of the Timberline in the field has won me.

today I bought
an XTM 120W folding monocrystaline Solar Panel @ BCF - members special price $269 ... down from $429
comes complete with a PWM regulator & 2 types of leads.
All I need to do now is put a suitable small battery in my battery power box & my fridge will be truly portable out of the vehicle when camping.
1566705028_xtm_120w_solar_panel_2.jpg

Purchased 2 of these so we can "find" each other when I head off into the distance, away looking for somewhere that might have a bit more gold that no one else has walked across, also as we are getting older it shows where to locate the other person should an accident occur and not be able to describe in what direction to look or if something prevents one from being able to use the 2 way. Have been looking at them for some time, but the price was right yesterday. :Y: :Y: :Y: Mods. sorry of this is classed as advertising.

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/rino-700-gps-uhf-radio/

2lateagain said:
Purchased 2 of these so we can "find" each other when I head off into the distance, away looking for somewhere that might have a bit more gold that no one else has walked across, also as we are getting older it shows where to locate the other person should an accident occur and not be able to describe in what direction to look or if something prevents one from being able to use the 2 way. Have been looking at them for some time, but the price was right yesterday. :Y: :Y: :Y: Mods. sorry of this is classed as advertising.

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/rino-700-gps-uhf-radio/

Great price there 2lateagain, wish they were that price when we got our two. :Y:

Cheers

Doug

Bought a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter from jaycar for less than $400,
With all the scare mongering about power black outs this summer I thought it a good investment,plus great for the bush trips
hopefully powertech is a good & reliable brand.

greyhound said:
Bought a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter from jaycar for less than $400,
With all the scare mongering about power black outs this summer I thought it a good investment,plus great for the bush trips
hopefully powertech is a good & reliable brand.
mine was 800, but powertech are awesome

I bought a VPN subscription.

That's a Virtual Private Network, it changes my internet ip address to a different location, or any location of choice throughout the world. The idea is to cover your tracks. I didn't do it to hide our criminal activities as seen on CSI,
i did it so that Mrs M can pick up Aussie TV while we are on holidays in Malaysia (yes even retired nomads need holidays from time to time). She worried about missing the footy finals, that's AFL.

I bought ipvanish but so far it's not going to work. When it's connected I can't load my iinet webmail page. As soon as I turn the VPN off the page loads. I'll call iinet tomorrow and see if I can fix it from that side but if not ipvanish has to go :(

Hey Moneybox, I use Chrome as a browser, and an extension for Chrome called Touch VPN.
It is free.
It gets a few bad reviews on the net, which I suspect are from competitors.
It works flawlessly for me.
I can engage a British IP and watch everything on all the BBC channels etc.
All of the USA becomes available with an appropriate IP address., HBO, NBC, Smithsonian, Frontline etc
When engaged, just choose the country you wish to view.

When I use torrents, I usually direct through East Germany, then Russia, works a treat.