Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't help myself...Cooking some birds and veg for dinner tonight.
1566289110_20190820_122854-1470x3024.jpg

goody2shoes said:
Is there a drip tray in the bottom of them ctxkid?

Goody :)

yep Goodie , catches the drippings , the wood box is under it and the gas burner cooks the wood box to make the smoke, the tray has water in it .
how ya know to refill the water when you can mmmm smell the contents and here lite sizzle, hence add more water

Sound like a good bit of kit then ctxkid

PS can you add wood chips like you do in a smoker?

I use different kind's of flavours in my little fish smoker..

But have not used it since being up here as someone in the house don't like things smoked :(

Goody

bought a cheap 'SJ9000' sports cam/video (generic) 4K Ultra HD off fleaBay for $33 :playful:
cheap :poop: I know, but I plan to see how I go with it before I fork out for a decent unit. I plan to use it mx trail riding in the bush, so like me, with my record of crash n burn, theres a good chance its not coming home in 1 piece :bomb: :lol:
comes with a kit of different mount options
1566378324_4k_sports_camera_2.jpg

I brought some opal roughs last week and they arrive today!
Not sure what I expected but I've sat looking at them trying to work out how on earth I'm going to do anything with them.

Not the best quality or size... I didn't expect to much but past opal roughs I've picked up from gem expos etc have been around $5 - $10.00 I've at least been able to cut and polish with a little colour showing.

Fingers crossed there something hiding once I start cutting and polishing.

Happy Fossicking :)

Ded Driver said:
bought a cheap 'SJ9000' sports cam/video (generic) 4K Ultra HD off fleaBay for $33 :playful:
cheap :poop: I know, but I plan to see how I go with it before I fork out for a decent unit. I plan to use it mx trail riding in the bush, so like me, with my record of crash n burn, theres a good chance its not coming home in 1 piece :bomb: :lol:
comes with a kit of different mount options
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12692/1566378324_4k_sports_camera_2.jpg

DD, I've bought a couple of these. The images a great but there's a lot of difference between cameras. If you're filming close like when detecting you need the 170 lens but when viewing something a bit further off it can look like it's a mile away. The last one I ended up with a 120 lens and it's difficult to focus on the subject close to the lens because you only have a narrow viewing angle. The other thing is that the fisheye lens pokes out the front of the camera like a little bubble so wears very quickly on anything it touches. Riding in the back of the quad with a bit of red dust doesn't help. You can use it in that nice waterproof housing they supply but then you get no audio because the camera is stuck in a little box. Then I bought a little USB microphone and cut a small slot in the side of the housing so that it could poke out. Unfortunately the microphone was like a two bob watch, it didn't work. Fun camera though and I'm looking forward to see what comes out of it :)