Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
Went early to Aldi to get the 7 piece 20V Li-ion rechargeable power tool kit. Very well made and solid.
$199-00

I bought the same kit as you this year, also last year I bought the $199 kit they had with the grinder.

This years drill has not got the same quality as last years, the rest isnt unpacked as yet. (a small task for today)

But I think last years drill is in someone else's shed, I did some work at the kindy and when packing the tribe back into the car
I may have left it on the footpath with a 4.0 ah battery. :/

Better that than my Milwaukee cordless drill. :eek:
I have a full kit of Milwaukee, and now also a full kit of Aldi.

Odd small jobs the Aldi gear, but for real work I always take the Milwaukee.

Made a suggestion that Aldi Head office put in an order for 20V cordless chainsaws
:)

Man, all you blokes buying power tools you're making me jealous. All I've bought in the last two weeks are some carpenters pencils, a cabinet scraper, a bowl scraper for wood turning, a 8mm mortise chisel and a pile of assorted sandpaper and wet n dry paper.
I may just be tempted to buy the biscuit jointer in the Aldi catalogue next week.

DrDuck said:
Picked up a new Husqvarna chain saw today to replace the one I bought last year but was liberated from my shed by some Ahole.

Went for the 435 II.

Some of my friends were timber cutters around Gloucester. They would tell you made a smart choice with Husqvarna. For firewood?

I bought a chair for the computer desk. (Not quite as exciting)

Young Jeff who's here for a couple of days went to town yesterday and I got him to get me a bag of apples plus I treated myself to a bag of Smiths Thin Cut Sour Cream and Chives potato chips....the big bag too!!! :Y:

Jealous much? :D

Jaros said:
Had a 4kw Solar system installed on roof to give us 5.2kw in total. Price=$4950 10yr Inverter guarantee 20yr panel guarantee. 14 panels in total.
Should make our power usage "0". Still have to pay the gov fees though.

Same size as we've got and they pay us :inlove: . We do have solar hot water and gas cooking + a gas heater though plus all lights are LED, that's an important one.

Jaros said:
Had a 4kw Solar system installed on roof to give us 5.2kw in total. Price=$4950 10yr Inverter guarantee 20yr panel guarantee. 14 panels in total.
Should make our power usage "0". Still have to pay the gov fees though.

Your old system may have been at a high feedback tariff rate but your new add on will be at a much lower feedback tariff rate so I would expect you to still get a power bill in the future.

Cheers

Doug

I was advised that the power that I feed back into the grid should be much more than I'm using in a normal day. I only listen to the radio till 1630 hrs. when I'm here by myself from 0830-1600. I know I will have the Gov. fees etc. to pay out.
Our lst 1/4 bill was only $250-00 with my pensioner discount and pay on time discount helping.
Jaros

The weekly special from griffen burger for lunch.. a nolzy burger.. triple everything.!! Best burgers in town (Ballarat)

1559822013_232b062f-0a07-4c51-9a2a-363724e41939.jpg

Im in the process of re-freshing my 1st Aid/survival/emergency kits, & putting together a couple of good kits for my daughters to use with their families who are now starting to go on adventures.
This is the first bunch of snake bite bandages that have the 'stretch to indicate' rectangles on them. 100mm x 4.5m good for arms & young kids legs. Still to come are the 10m bandages for large adult legs.
1561174523_snakebite_bandages_2.jpg

Ded Driver said:
Im in the process of re-freshing my 1st Aid/survival/emergency kits, & putting together a couple of good kits for my daughters to use with their families who are now starting to go on adventures.
This is the first bunch of snake bite bandages that have the 'stretch to indicate' rectangles on them. 100mm x 4.5m good for arms & young kids legs. Still to come are the 10m bandages for large adult legs.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ges/12692/1561174523_snakebite_bandages_2.jpg

:Y: that's what I'm after where do you buy these DD I've found buying a bandage like 10mt is like pulling hen's teeth. I've even asked the pharmacist to get some but no joy yet.

Latest posts