Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the same Victron MPPT Charge Controller as yours, 120 watt folding solar panel with a PWM controller was getting 6.2 to 6.6 amps, connected to the victron 7.2 amps

woomera said:
I bought the same Victron MPPT Charge Controller as yours, 120 watt folding solar panel with a PWM controller was getting 6.2 to 6.6 amps, connected to the victron 7.2 amps

Yeah I think they are the best, That worked out well replacing the PWM with the MPPT Ay, I was going to buy the 100w portable but it was just about the same price as the 3 X 60w panels so I thought I would go with them because of the extra 80w and I can always add to them later,Ay. :Y:

Trying to find a good deal on Victron's is just about impossible, But they do make some lovely gear. Mega bucks though.

J.

Well my 3 60w panels turned yesterday so when the weather warms up I will give a test drive and in a couple of weeks I might order another 3, give me a total of 360w I think that's enough for what I want to run, Plus I still have a 100w panel that I am going to make in to a portable unit,

J.

Ridge Runner said:
Well my 3 60w panels turned yesterday so when the weather warms up I will give a test drive and in a couple of weeks I might order another 3, give me a total of 360w I think that's enough for what I want to run, Plus I still have a 100w panel that I am going to make in to a portable unit,

J.

Well RR,

Just make sure that you turn them back the right way to face the sun when you give them a test run.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:

J.

Well RR,

Just make sure that you turn them back the right way to face the sun when you give them a test run.

Cheers

Doug

Well If I get bored leaving them in the sun I can always play Chess on them :playful: :playful: :playful:

Today I bought a set of finer classifiers. 1/2 inch is a bit coarse for around my area.

I grabbed a couple of these today...$10 from Aldi. :Y:
Would attach easily to a Nox for backup.
1555559840_2e582cf1-ba7e-42bd-83e9-be0422c91341.jpg

1555559841_482f746c-db8c-4b04-95a9-5f2fe0d9b4e2.jpg

Hey there Ridge Runner I posted a while back about buying a 200w portable solar panel and you asked to let you know how it went, have just got home and see you've bought some panels so you won't want to know how mine went now will you :) :) I have used it the last few days and am very pleased with it. I run it thru a redarc BMS system which uses the solar power 1st if there is enough. I am very impressed with it even on a drizzly wet morning it was charging. I was running a 40lt Waco and a cpap machine and it recharged my batteries by around 10 am each day, batteries being 2 x 75 a/h I'm happy :D Harbourmaster

Mackka said:
Buying household tools is definitely out in my home and why buy presents at Easter anyway.
Mackka

Why buy chocolate.?? Must be a pain in your household using dated old crap tools then.

Harbourmaster said:
Hey there Ridge Runner I posted a while back about buying a 200w portable solar panel and you asked to let you know how it went, have just got home and see you've bought some panels so you won't want to know how mine went now will you :) :) I have used it the last few days and am very pleased with it. I run it thru a redarc BMS system which uses the solar power 1st if there is enough. I am very impressed with it even on a drizzly wet morning it was charging. I was running a 40lt Waco and a cpap machine and it recharged my batteries by around 10 am each day, batteries being 2 x 75 a/h I'm happy :D Harbourmaster

Nice, that worked out well Ay, it's good to here how well they work and hopefully mine will do the job, I haven't even unpacked mine yet due to other things but when I get things sorted I will get it down.

Thanks again,

J.

Latest posts