Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after my Subaru blew up I bought a 100 series landcruiser for the bush trips. Unfortunately it needed a bit more work than I was prepared to do for the RWC so I sold it on.

I picked this old td5 landy up today and because of the lack of plates I've already been pulled over and had a lovely chat with the local rozzers! :D

1543658700_20181201_184011.jpg

diggit said:
So after my Subaru blew up I bought a 100 series landcruiser for the bush trips. Unfortunately it needed a bit more work than I was prepared to do for the RWC so I sold it on.

I picked this old td5 landy up today and because of the lack of plates I've already been pulled over and had a lovely chat with the local rozzers! :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3031/1543658700_20181201_184011.jpg

Hey Donald,
Yeah, the old rozzers, lets face it, they're gonna want their slice of the cake, albeit in the name of 'safety.'
Can't go wrong with the old lady.
Nice looking antique lol

Gpx5000 said:
diggit said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3031/1543658700_20181201_184011.jpg

Hey Donald,
Yeah, the old rozzers, lets face it, they're gonna want their slice of the cake, albeit in the name of 'safety.'
Can't go wrong with the old lady.
Nice looking antique lol

ok I wont make any 'your missus' jokes :p

:D She'll be 'right!

Bought a book for our daughter; "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F, got to be a good read and essential reading for all those 'Precious' people.

Chris Hemsworth added a foot note: "Hilarious, confronting and damn refreshing... A good kick in the arse!"

Can't wait for our daughter to read it so Dinah and I can get our hands on it and read it ourselves ;)

Hi to the list, just joined and trying to work where and when to post. Spent a rural life dowsing water, pipes. phone lines graves etc just for fun. Gold reefs are easy to follow but shy away from treasure as it (for me) breaks the spell. I have never charged for dowsing and haven't had a miss. Need to brag a bit when you have a 77 birthday. Hope to swap methods and learn how others dowse.

Back from my trip around Australia, and even though my van had stone protection, it wasn't enough.
Rock chips on the van, on each side, with stone dings and front reflectors broken almost evenly:
1543818852_img_3116.jpg

1543819109_img_3117.jpg

So today I installed these ($220 inc delivery):
1543819455_img_3115.jpg

Hopefully should do the trick. Will be a bit low when full van's weight on the back (currently 4.5" off the ground), but I'm also planning a 2" lift.
I have a second hitch which I can swap out in minutes if not towing a precious.