Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Is that Australian made and Australian owned kid..;) :eek:

now you mention it .....no :eek:

thought was made in Japan , remember them :rolleyes:

turns out it's a china out source :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 8.(

even Japan outside manufactures :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

this is today's toil with said saw :cool: had it started before the courier arrived , lucky i had plenty left to do :) :heart:

1540280383_p1120485.jpg

brother for this one

1540280440_p1120486.jpg

ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:

even Japan outside manufactures :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

bit sad I reckon when even the Japs outsource to China!!! :awful: :N:

unfortunately SmokyBandit, no one in Oz makes them. I too buy OZ made when its good & priced sensibly, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do :argh:

Ded Driver said:
ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:

bit sad I reckon when even the Japs outsource to China!!! :awful: :N:

unfortunately SmokyBandit, no one in Oz makes them. I too buy OZ made when its good & priced sensibly, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do :argh:
That's exactly right DD....I was just having a bit of a friendly dig at a comment the kid made on the bee hives :) :) :p .... .I'm a big believer of...Buy what you want..its your choise. :) :)

Today I bought an Aldi fridge/freezer on sale for $350. 12v or 240 mains. 3 settings with temp range of +10 to -18 handy in the back of the car after a days detecting!

Got it home plugged it into 240v power and set temp for 3 degrees. The fridge was sitting at 22degrees and within ten mins it dropped to 3 and went into idle. I threw a few beers in and enjoyed the new purchase while having a BBQ.

Yet to see how it goes under battery power, but
Pretty happy so far!

Skip said:
Today I bought an Aldi fridge/freezer on sale for $350. 12v or 240 mains. 3 settings with temp range of +10 to -18 handy in the back of the car after a days detecting!

Got it home plugged it into 240v power and set temp for 3 degrees. The fridge was sitting at 22degrees and within ten mins it dropped to 3 and went into idle. I threw a few beers in and enjoyed the new purchase while having a BBQ.

Yet to see how it goes under battery power, but
Pretty happy so far!

that's a VERY cheap price Skip. I haven't had any experience with Aldi stuff, but beware the 'get what you pay for" syndrome.
maybe just have to be careful to take extra care for it regarding heat, vibration etc.
I have found with my fridge (ARB), & other brands among friends & family that the temp readout sensor seems to be located somewhere in the wall or floor panel close to the condenser tubes & so gives a very fast, but often inaccurate (lower) temp than the interior. The solution is to get a remote fridge temp sensor & drop the sensor wire/unit in the cabinet about half way up or on top of the contents. This then gives a more accurate indication of the air temp that your beer (or other mundane contents) are sitting in. You will find it takes a while to drop to the temp indicated on the fridge display.
ps, I set my fridge at 2deg, & the beer (& water :awful: ) usually stay about 5deg if you open it regularly.

Yeah Ded they were 500 bucks but got reduced so I thought I'd give it a crack. Most Aldi stuff is pretty good, but yes you get what you pay for.

Think I've got an old temp gauge floating about I'll wait for a hot day and see how it goes.

Jaros said:
I have a second fridge a Komodo from Aldi-runs ok just chews a bit more power than my Engel 45ltr.

I haven't yet tried mine on the battery so can't comment. The brand is called Adventure.
I've bought a bit of gear from Aldi with that brand and it's all been pretty good.

I got a adventure,

Bought of a friend a couple months back,

Still in the box, $50 bucks...bargain

Going to give it a try out on the beaches,

Through it would be great for finding relics with,

Just waiting on the recharge battery's to turn up,

Let me no how you go with it Skip,

Be interesting to see if it works out for you,

Cheer's Goody

I went to the Miner's Den in Parramatta, Sydney, yesterday and bought a Digital Pocket Scales, Maps and a Green Rubbish Bag (Most essential as I will fill this before anything else knowing my luck :/ ). For some strange reason they have sold out of the medium size picks (almost makes you think that there is going to be a lot of people out digging :eek: ).

Can't wait to be able to buy my gpx 5000. :D

Happy prospecting all,

B n B

Latest posts