Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday, I bought a 1999 Toyota Prado "snowy " Auto W/duel fuel
240,000 Kms...No rego $700

1505127341_prado_2.jpg

Started taking out the good engine from the "snowy" today , so my mate can do some work on the engine before putting it into my 1998 Toyota Prado Grande VX....
Tomorrow, Im removing the bull bar and a few other things I need, to use on mine.

1505127372_prado.jpg

Should still have a lot of spares left over.. :D

My GPZ was delivered yesterday, great service from Central West Prospecting at Mudgee. It was a lot of money but at least the build quality is excellent, it was very easy to set up and with the included harness it is effortless to carry and swing. Just have to wait about 3 weeks before I get to use it then it will be straight to the GT.

tah mate will report back once it's delivered and I've put a few tubs through it.

Though I did put about 60kg through a mates one the other week, albeit I wasn't overly happy with the screen size he had. I got every screen size they make with this one. It did reduce a weeks work pounding away with the dolly pot going nuts to about half an hour

At Aldi they had some 4WD self inflating camping matresses for $50 a week or so ago. King single and allegdly 10cm thick.I looked at 'em, but I've also been looking at the expensive Black Wolf ones.

Any way, while shopping today, Aldi had a couple of them for half price - $24.99. So I thought "What have I got to loose?"

It is supposed to inflate after 15 minutes, but after 7 or 8 hours, it's only up to 6cm. So back it goes tomorrow.

I'm interested to know whether anyone else has got one, and if so, whether it inflates to the whole 10 cm?

Dr Duck
self inflating mattresses , I bought one from cosco that was $90 it needed help inflate to its full potential first time, so i think that this goes with other brands as well, my aged thermal rest still need resuscitation to get its lungs full , the best thing with aldi is their return policy i would pump it up a few times if it doesn't respond take it back but 25$$$$ is a good price i bought the ryobi $79 one plus blower as a multi camping accessory like as an the air bed inflator . i think 60% - 70% self inflate might be it without help
remember these self inflating mattresses are foam based that are supposed to have a memory but when your squashed up in a bag for a long time you might not feel like expanding as expected by the advertising

My Mum always said" Son you get what you pay for ", how true that is.
Mackka
Hey Tuna, well done on the new purchases however I must ask the question, did you find Lassetters Reef?
Mackka :p I am just jealous.

Latest posts