Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing one of these bakers ovens in action in Jemba's shed in Majors Creek, I just ordered one to put in my kitchen and dining room area.

Looking forward to giving it a workout!

1497574760_bakerscabin.jpg

Gem in I said:
2 x plane tickets to perth. :party:
one for me one for the zed, ow wait the wife wants to go.
has anyone here had experiences/problems transporting their detectors on flights.

We flew to Hawaii a couple of years back. We had the Garrett ATX that folded up quite small and on the way to the airport we picked up a new SDC-2300. They both went into our baggage, batteries installed. Kathy Rice Travel booked us on Qantas but when we got to Melbourne they reprinted our boarding passes on Jetstar for the Melbourne to Hawaii leg. Our baggage continued on with Qantas to who knows where.

There are no Qantas flights from Melbourne to Hawaii so that's the last time we'll use Kathy Rice Travel. Even when I called them from Hawaii I was told that it was not their problem and I should call Qantas.

Our baggage with $8000 worth of detectors arrived four days latter after we called Alan Joyce, the CEO of Qantas :/

Moneybox said:
Gem in I said:
has anyone here had experiences/problems transporting their detectors on flights.

We flew to Hawaii a couple of years back. We had the Garrett ATX that folded up quite small and on the way to the airport we picked up a new SDC-2300. They both went into our baggage, batteries installed. Kathy Rice Travel booked us on Qantas but when we got to Melbourne they reprinted our boarding passes on Jetstar for the Melbourne to Hawaii leg. Our baggage continued on with Qantas to who knows where.

There are no Qantas flights from Melbourne to Hawaii so that's the last time we'll use Kathy Rice Travel. Even when I called them from Hawaii I was told that it was not their problem and I should call Qantas.

Our baggage with $8000 worth of detectors arrived four days latter after we called Alan Joyce, the CEO of Qantas :/

"Not my problem"
Quite a common attitude :( :mad:
Glad things worked out .... eventually :rolleyes:

Moneybox said:
Gem in I said:

We flew to Hawaii a couple of years back. We had the Garrett ATX that folded up quite small and on the way to the airport we picked up a new SDC-2300. They both went into our baggage, batteries installed. xxxxxxxxxx Travel booked us on Qantas but when we got to Melbourne they reprinted our boarding passes on Jetstar for the Melbourne to Hawaii leg. Our baggage continued on with Qantas to who knows where.

There are no Qantas flights from Melbourne to Hawaii so that's the last time we'll use xxxxxxxxxxxxtravel. Even when I called them from Hawaii I was told that it was not their problem and I should call Qantas.

There are 2 take away's from your post for me -

xxxxxxxxxx Travel = No - xxxx is very very cheap :)

Phone the CEO of Qantas = an absolute no {)

I bought this handle from JP's shop in Clermont on the way back from our FNQ trip in May, but just fitted it last night. Beautiful workmanship. All very tight, so had to use some grease.
The hardest bit was getting the green button/cable off the old and onto to the new handle. Lots of patience and some brute force. I'm a little surprised that Minelab doesn't provide a more ergonomic handle (even a plastic pistol grip) with these machines.
1497943683_img_1363.jpg

He obviously needed the cash, so raided piggy bank and made an offer. .. under 6k and got it, over the b#/#%y moon. Been at the Minelab demo in the morning doing the dream/drool list and 2hrs later... there's this ad, nudged the cuddle and her eyes popped, 4500 still has 2ys warranty! Now sort out exactly what we've got and what each coil is good for! Know anything about the 22"?

Latest posts