Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha Keano, I'm tipping there's nowhere yours won't go :p .
Cheers ridge runner.
I'm with you chewy, definitely practical given my hobbies. I would have had one years ago however funds didn't allow and I didn't want a flogged one.
Its safe to say I'm quite excited to get out with them both.
I better advertise the bt-50 now, any takers? Haha

Yeah for sure Keano, that'd be great. I'll let ya's know when I'm heading back that way. Funds are a bit unforgiving at the moment, but hopefully I'll be back quicker than I thought I might be. Bought a coil pack for the exploder today, 1st place I went to wanted $134, went next door and they wanted $90, dropped in at a small local parts place on the way home and got 1 for $36. I think thats the cause of the misfire on number2 cyl.

Good stuff mr Chewbacca. Will be good to catch up again. Sounds like that exploder might be sorted, and cheaply to which is always good.

Yep, $72 to check the codes on the chrysler about 300 bucks to fix a loose wire in the loom, b4 that another place said it was the crank angle sensor so they replaced that, 4 new tyre on the commodore, added up to about 1300 bucks in car repairs, still paying it off but we're a bit ahead of where I thought we would be at this point. I spent 145 bucks on the scan tool, so use it twice and its paid for itself. I could see getting the Ford fixed at the dealership would cost at least 5 hunjy. I'll keep ya posted if I fix it. A mechanic I am not.

Chewy said:
Yep, $72 to check the codes on the chrysler about 300 bucks to fix a loose wire in the loom, b4 that another place said it was the crank angle sensor so they replaced that, 4 new tyre on the commodore, added up to about 1300 bucks in car repairs, still paying it off but we're a bit ahead of where I thought we would be at this point. I spent 145 bucks on the scan tool, so use it twice and its paid for itself. I could see getting the Ford fixed at the dealership would cost at least 5 hunjy. I'll keep ya posted if I fix it. A mechanic I am not.

I know how you feel, I had the same Issue with a Land Rover freelander, It had been fully looked after money no object so I bought it, Then it started playing up I took it to LR and the wanted $230 per hour to have a look, They sold me a shed load of parts, Seeing as I trained as A Mechanic In OZ before all these Computer Boxes were in cars, Anyway I told them it had A Bent Valve, They would not have it, $1800 still not working, I bought one of them Code reader gizmos and it said multi cylinder misfire- Low Fuel, So I Replaced the fuel filter twice and the massive fuel pump that goes in the Tank, and the fuel injection system and the coil packs etc etc,

I had had enough of them and gave it a compression test, Guess what, BENT VALVE in number Three Cylinder. So I just called the wreckers to come and get it.

RR.

Talk about rough luck ridge runner. Another story to remind me why I don't take my car to mechanics. Seems like a large number of them are incompetent unfortunately.
I certainly hope your issue is just a quick fix chewy. The GT is missing ya mate

Stocking up on some of my fav 'HOT' items.

1436411911_20150709_125942_copy.jpg

Latest posts