Super moon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacchus said:
Full moon eh , reckon Silvers posts will take a bit of working out tonight then ;) :eek: :rolleyes:
:eek: AROoooooo......

1479121835_img_20161114_215246.jpg

OMG silver....i thought you were called silver....because you always find Silver coins....not because your beard was Silver... :eek: :D :D :lol:

Smoky bandit said:
OMG silver....i thought you were called silver....because you always find Silver coins....not because your beard was Silver... :eek: :D :D :lol:
That silver stuff only pushes out on full moon nights Smokey, feels strange too ,... luckily Mrs Silver recons it's cuddly stuff, keeps me in all night ! :eek: :cool:

Well the Super moon was a bit of a disappointment. Went to have a look with my daughter up on a hill, to get a good view. Although we kept watching and saying, is it going to get bigger... which it didn't seem to. So after a nice sunset and the mozzie onslaught we called it quits. I will look later tonight it is supposed to be closer.

The moon shots are a serious crop so quality is not there, I only have 200mm to zoom with. Hope you like them.

1479127175_moon_14_nov_1_of_3.jpg

1479127175_moon_14_nov_2_of_3.jpg

1479127175_moon_14_nov_3_of_3.jpg

Shot 5 and 6 are well captured and spotted really nice composition. Makes you think about the shot :)

Westaus said:
Well the Super moon was a bit of a disappointment. Went to have a look with my daughter up on a hill, to get a good view. Although we kept watching and saying, is it going to get bigger... which it didn't seem to. So after a nice sunset and the mozzie onslaught we called it quits. I will look later tonight it is supposed to be closer.

The moon shots are a serious crop so quality is not there, I only have 200mm to zoom with. Hope you like them.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2598/1479127175_moon_14_nov_1_of_3.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2598/1479127175_moon_14_nov_2_of_3.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2598/1479127175_moon_14_nov_3_of_3.jpg

Absolutely fantastic shots Westaus!!!

I wouldn't have posted my crappy, cropped blown up moon if I had seen your photo first! Cracker of a photo mate :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

LOL thanks mate, they are a challenge to get right. Underexpose a little is the key. Remember the moon is very bright!

Use a monopod or tripod and also remember the moon and earth are moving, so fast shutter speeds as well. Use shutter release or camera timer to stop some shake.
The sunset was handheld on mono pod
The first moon shot hand held mono pod
Third moon shot on tripod and shutter release.

As example the black background was shot at F/6.3 1/320s 400ISO zoomed fully and cropped 100%

Hope that helps a bit. I should show you mine from a few years back, you are a long way ahead :)

Westaus said:
Shot 5 and 6 are well captured and spotted really nice composition. Makes you think about the shot :)

Cheers mate, It certainly does ;)

It was definitely a fluke that he would "drop" into the shot, but I made the most of it and kept pressing the button while he was there :)

Thanks for that info as well, I was shooting on auto as I'm still very much learning but have tried changing a few things here and there to see the effects.

Amazing technology helps even a rank amateur like me take a half decent photo ha ha :lol:

Lots of "noise" in this pic, An attempt at a star trail with an app I downloaded and had on the other tripod as I chased the moon:

1479129017_star_trail_ed_for_pa.jpg

Cheers,

Billy.

Latest posts