Super moon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone lucky enough to be camped out enjoying the big moon?
Unfortunately I'm not, but managed to get a few shots of it with my new toy :cool:
No idea how to use the thing , but for a first attempt thought these came out ok.

1443433787_s_moon_1.jpg

1443433787_s_moon_2.jpg

1443433787_s_moon_3.jpg

Cheers,

Billy.

Nice Pic's there Billy!

Awesome stuff mate.

I Often gaze up at the moon and let my imagination run wild.......Its my favourite natural satellite! (that should fire up a debate :lol: )

They say there is water on the moon along with a long list of other compounds, including, mercury, gold and silver!

Its said that mining the moon is the 21st Century's gold rush.

Wouldnt it be great to book one of Richard Branson's space flights with a 7000 packed in your luggage.

Guess it would be a bit difficult swinging a detector in a space suit in zero gravity....Hehe!

At least the Zed wouldnt weigh anything :lol:

:p

I saw the local lunatic in the park I detected today, this guy is fair dinkum mad (not hassling mad people). Saw him last supermoon beating himself up, swearing, shoutiing, thrashing all afternoon on the oval I was detecting, he was by himself and I was keeping my distance, then the moon comes up and he is just staring at it, this is serious no bull. I left and went home thinking about what I had seen over the last few hours, I was thinking wow he's a real one.

Then detecting a different oval today I saw the same bloke doing really odd stuff again, by himself, on the oval. I thought hmmmm, wonder if it's a full moon tonight and sure enough it is........ I'm 100% convinced the moon affects some people in very mysterious ways.....

Anyway, I'm not detecting next full moon.......

Hey Billy...ya said your "new toy"...any specs please?

Nice pics, i should break out the Nikon and have a go myself...

LOL. Heatho... :lol:

Gypsy

Metamorphic said:
Nice Pic's there Billy!

Awesome stuff mate.

I Often gaze up at the moon and let my imagination run wild.......Its my favourite natural satellite! (that should fire up a debate :lol: )

They say there is water on the moon along with a long list of other compounds, including, mercury, gold and silver!

Its said that mining the moon is the 21st Century's gold rush.

Wouldnt it be great to book one of Richard Branson's space flights with a 7000 packed in your luggage.

Guess it would be a bit difficult swinging a detector in a space suit in zero gravity....Hehe!

At least the Zed wouldnt weigh anything :lol:

:p

Hey there Meta,
I know that we all have dreams we would like to follow, but MAN that's not a dream, that's tripping out :p
I hope it wasn't you in the park that heatho was at or we will all start worrying about you ;)
Anyway if anyone would go detecting on the moon I reckon it would be PANDA because then he would be able to get around a lot easier. :D

stoyve said:
Hey there Meta,
I know that we all have dreams we would like to follow, but MAN that's not a dream, that's tripping out :p
I hope it wasn't you in the park that heatho was at or we will all start worrying about you ;)
Anyway if anyone would go detecting on the moon I reckon it would be PANDA because then he would be able to get around a lot easier. :D

Lmao :lol: ......oh crap, busted again. Here i am thinking if I fly to Sydney, surely know one will recognize me! :p

Thanks for blowing the whistle Heatho :mad:

........Gotta dream big stoyve :D

What's a man without his dreams Meta?
The answer is , defeated and you don't strike me as someone who is defeated.
Dream on big and keep inspired fella :D
Cheers Steve

Nice pics Billy. I must admit to my nerdy side extending to Astronomy. A telescope was one the first and probably the only 'extravagant' Christmas presents I got when I was young, maybe the Oldies though it was worth investing in with the vain hope that I might become some sort of Professor Brian Cox or some other rocket surgeon type.

I have a couple of scopes and like panning for gold, gazing into the heavens is a summertime pursuit. I know this ause when I was a kid and lived on the property, I would be out in the back yard in my jammies at 3 in the morning in July, "Lost in Space", pardon the pun. No one ever bothered ordering me back to bed, not surprised really, if my son was outside doing the same I don't think I could be arsed getting outa bed to retrieve him either...

Those moonless, crystal clear winter nights out in the bush never fail to amaze me, the magnitude of the stars and planets is awe inspiring not to mention thought provoking or, as Banjo penned, "...at night the wondrous glory of the ever lasting stars."

Reckon I might get the reflector out a bit this summer.....

The Peacekeeper

They will be mining the moon and asteroids in 10-20 years from now its predicted.

The resource of interest on the moon is not gold, but Helium-3.

A radiation-free fuel for nuclear energy production.

Over billions of years, solar winds have embedded helium-3 into the top 10 centimetres of the moons soil.

Researchers believe helium-3, which is scarce on Earth, may be the key to fuelling sustained, large-scale nuclear fusion reactions that could power entire cities with the first-ever fuel for nuclear-energy production that doesnt contain any radiation.

Existing nuclear tech plants split radioactive isotopes of uranium, producing hazardous waste.

Not a problem with helium-3, as it is based on fusion (fusing atoms), not fission (splitting atoms) and is not radioactive.

They just have to work out how to get around the moons -200 deg surface temperatures and the fact that zero gravity means its a massive challenge just to get off its surface both technically and economically.

Hope im around to see it ;)

TheSilentBugler said:
Regarding your mad friend Heatho, you know that's where the word Lunatic comes from.

I certainly do know that, had just never seen a real one going bonkers before on a full moon. :) Makes me wonder if the bloke actually knows it's a full moon or just feels the full moon and goes wandering?

The first time I saw him I was going to call the cops in case he hurt himself or something but...... I thought there really is no law against being mad and he wasn't hassling anyone, was just rolling around on the ground shouting gibberish and hitting himself. Then would stand then sit then wander around in a circle, then sit again and start shouting again......

Really hope it wasn't you Meta, though if it was gimmee a shout next time and I'll bring a detector down so you can have a swing too. :D

Heatho said:
just never seen a real one going bonkers before on a full moon. :)

Speak to anyone in the services. Emergency Dept put on extra staff, as do the Psych units. Police run an extra car.
It is not a myth.

Metamorphic said:
The resource of interest on the moon is not gold, but Helium-3.

I don't know who started this crap on the internet but this is the biggest scam around haha. There is NO SCIENTIFIC PROOF, just claims that H3 exists in sufficient numbers. Not to mention the involved mining techniques required for H3 and the lame spacecrafts with low payloads available.

Now where is my tin foil hat :p

The people in the know say-There are more stars out there than there are grains on sands on every beach in the world..!! Just a little something to think about the next time you are laying back taking in the wonders of the night..

Latest posts