Super moon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bite bite, If the Americans and Russia are interested then it's just a matter of time before China pulls off a counterfeit, then no one has to fly into space to mine the moon for Helium 3 ... LOL keep the moon green -NO MOON MINING ;)

Baahaawhaa......Thats a potential awesome song title there winne, "No Moon Mining",

I love it :

I say no moon mining.
I say, theres trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

:p

The Irish Nasa team plan on going straight to the source and mine H3 directly from the sun itself!

The scientific community laugh this off as a joke saying its way too hot, and not possible to even get close to the sun!

When asked how they propose to do this the Irish Nasa team replied......"Easy, were going to go at night"

Given man hasnt stepped foot on the moon to date and they say it wont be until the 2030's, I dont think I, nor my kids will see any mining of the moon in our life times!!!!!!!!! :p

GypsyGoldAu said:
Hey Billy...ya said your "new toy"...any specs please?

Nice pics, i should break out the Nikon and have a go myself...

LOL. Heatho... :lol:

Gypsy

G'day GGA,

Am having a great giggle at all the posts in this "crazy ;) " thread I started :D :D :D

Here is a link to the "little beast" I bought mate:

https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Pers...Accessories/Digital-Cameras/PowerShot-SX60-HS

and a few more shots to keep the crazy ones amongst us amused, and me of course :D :D 8)

1443507594_s_moon_5.jpg

1443507594_s_moon_6.jpg

Cheers,

Billy :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Like that top pic Billy, sense of 'Alien' feeling about it. :eek:

Cheers mate and yep it definitely got an eerie look about it. I zoomed in on the neighbours trees with the moon shining through and that's what the result was ha ha. Nothing artistic from my end but I do like the photo. :lol:

Cheers,
Billy.

Billy said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

Gypsy

G'day GGA,

Am having a great giggle at all the posts in this "crazy ;) " thread I started :D :D :D

https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Pers...Accessories/Digital-Cameras/PowerShot-SX60-HS

Lmao....Go4it Meta :D

Billy...had a few cameras in my day but never a Canon even though i concede they do make nice gear. My next will be the Nikon Coolpix P900, now THAT will get ya some great pics of the moon... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/hands-review/nikon-p900-new-king-superzooms .... 8) :eek: :p :D

Can you let us know some of the relevant exposure settings you used? or did you just run an auto program for those pics?

Gypsy

Ha ha go Mr Meta indeed!!!! :D

Gypsy, sorry no settings at this point as camera was literally taken out of box and shots were taken on "auto" with a dodgy tripod whilst tea was burning in the oven :lol:

Did a bit of research on what to buy and the Canon seemed to tick all the boxes; light, cheapish, good macro/ zoom etc.

That Nikon is a good bit of gear and how bout that zoom?!!! :eek:

Here is a link to a bit of a comparison if you are interested:

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Nikon-Coolpix-P900-vs-Canon-PowerShot-SX60-HS

Its all good fun and the learning is the best bit ;)

Cheers,

Billy.

GypsyGoldAu said:
Billy said:
GypsyGoldAu said:

Gypsy

G'day GGA,

Lmao....Go4it Meta :D

Billy...had a few cameras in my day but never a Canon even though i concede they do make nice gear. My next will be the Nikon Coolpix P900, now THAT will get ya some great pics of the moon... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/hands-review/nikon-p900-new-king-superzooms .... 8) :eek: :p :D

Can you let us know some of the relevant exposure settings you used? or did you just run an auto program for those pics?

Gypsy
hugs and kisses has the nikon i have the cannon, nikon better optics (lenses) cannon more user friendly (bigger money on optics). I love my cannon long exposures on astro photo and simple to use GO CANNON :D

Havinago said:
hugs and kisses has the nikon i have the cannon, nikon better optics (lenses) cannon more user friendly (bigger money on optics). I love my cannon long exposures on astro photo and simple to use GO CANNON :D

Yeah...it's a combination of glass (foremost) and the photographers skill that make good pics....the "box" is ancillary to the package imo.

Sony also use good glass (Carl Zeiss), but my experience with these is only with video not cameras....I find the Canon very adaptable with a variety of fittings....

Sorry for OT Billy.... :8

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
Havinago said:

Yeah...it's a combination of glass (foremost) and the photographers skill that make good pics....the "box" is ancillary to the package imo.

Sony also use good glass (Carl Zeiss), but my experience with these is only with video not cameras....I find the Canon very adaptable with a variety of fittings....

Gypsy

What's OT Gypsy? Off topic?

No apologies needed mate, it is a photography related thread after all :)

Here to learn :cool:

Have heard it said that, "the best camera is the one you have with you at the time".

Could also apply to prospecting equipment/detectors etc I spose.

All good :)

Cheers,

Billy.

Billy said:
GypsyGoldAu said:
Havinago said:

Gypsy

What's OT Gypsy? Off topic?

No apologies needed mate, it is a photography related thread after all :)

Here to learn :cool:

Have heard it said that, "the best camera is the one you have with you at the time".

Could also apply to prospecting equipment/detectors etc I spose.

All good :)

Cheers,

Billy.
Yep, and good cameras don't take good photos, good photographers do. Good cameras just help good photographers take better photos imo :)

Billy...yeah sorry...been on US sites and abbreviations are peppered through the threads...OT = Off Topic,...OP = Original Poster etc et al...

Sure it's a photography thread but about the pics you posted and not about cameras per se.

I always thought the best camera was the "next" one 'cos it's usually an upgrade to what you have now...at least it has been in my case lol. :lol:

Or...it's the one you'd love to own but can't afford....like a Hasselblad H5D-60 :eek: 8)

Cheers
Gypsy

stoyve said:
Metamorphic said:
Nice Pic's there Billy!

Awesome stuff mate.

I Often gaze up at the moon and let my imagination run wild.......Its my favourite natural satellite! (that should fire up a debate :lol: )

They say there is water on the moon along with a long list of other compounds, including, mercury, gold and silver!

Its said that mining the moon is the 21st Century's gold rush.

Wouldnt it be great to book one of Richard Branson's space flights with a 7000 packed in your luggage.

Guess it would be a bit difficult swinging a detector in a space suit in zero gravity....Hehe!

At least the Zed wouldnt weigh anything :lol:

:p

Hey there Meta,
I know that we all have dreams we would like to follow, but MAN that's not a dream, that's tripping out :p
I hope it wasn't you in the park that heatho was at or we will all start worrying about you ;)
Anyway if anyone would go detecting on the moon I reckon it would be PANDA because then he would be able to get around a lot easier. :D

One step ahead of you. Moon rock is extremely profitable. Oh panda he wont amount to much. Believe me when I say ive amounted a few things in my time.
You would not believe the amount of crotch rubbing you have to engage in to get into a black ops mission with nasa in these modern times. The days of blackmail pictures of men and pandas in comprimising positions have long since dissapeared since photo shop appeared. The dirt has to go deep my friend these days. Extreme deep.

Thought I would give this thread a bump 8)

Anyone going to get some photo's of the big moon tonight?

I'm ready with beer cold and batteries charged but unfortunately the weather in the Central West doesn't look like it wants to play.

Hopefully this bloody wind will blow the cloud away at the right time to get a few pics :rolleyes:

Anyway I look forward to seeing any shots that get taken. :cool:

Cheers,

Billy.

Heatho said:
I saw the local lunatic in the park I detected today, this guy is fair dinkum mad (not hassling mad people). Saw him last supermoon beating himself up, swearing, shoutiing, thrashing all afternoon on the oval I was detecting, he was by himself and I was keeping my distance, then the moon comes up and he is just staring at it, this is serious no bull. I left and went home thinking about what I had seen over the last few hours, I was thinking wow he's a real one.

Then detecting a different oval today I saw the same bloke doing really odd stuff again, by himself, on the oval. I thought hmmmm, wonder if it's a full moon tonight and sure enough it is........ I'm 100% convinced the moon affects some people in very mysterious ways.....

Anyway, I'm not detecting next full moon.......
Mate worked in night clubs for years.....and our most feared nights were ...THE FULL MOON NIGHTS.....they all come out...im not kidding you :eek: :D :D :D

Latest posts