Squirrels Equinox Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great variety of finds there,the silvers are the clear winners,nice :party:

A big shame about that bracelet,but I bet your heart skipped a few beats when you saw it :eek:

In my opinion anyone who buys rolled gold is the one getting rolled :/ really a fake gold bracelet,maybe next time.

I reckon that you don't need it,but good luck anyway :Y:

Thanks folks, Yep D79, change a variable and re detect, that is why sites are never ever cleaned out. :Y: I did think i was on a winner at first scrounger ]:D but the weight was a dead giveaway :| oh well, at least i've found some jewellery with the nox now :) The good wishes are appreciated mate :Y: not that i'm being a smart ass, but i was talking to a local at the site, who informed me that 2 guy's were there a couple of weeks ago detecting. At the end of the conversation he said good luck, i hope you find something. :p :p I just looked at him with a smile and a wink and said I Will :D ;) I think sometimes luck is disguised as positiveness. :)

now, Hunt 2.

Down the street to the old tennis court site, where it seems there are other detectorists at play, Matches all the dig signs i have been seeing. :( Not that it is a big problem, because as i say, no one gets it all, and change a variable etc etc. :p I guess my day's of detecting haphazardly are over, this is one reason for adjusting the settings, to hopefully give me a leading edge. :D There are old rubbish pits scattered all over this site and the ground varies from soft compost to hard clay loaded with big stones and rubble. It is a highly variable site and therefore you can walk right over a target one hunt and ping it the next ;)

1532911066_dsc03048.jpg
1532911106_dsc03050.jpg

Shame the candle holder wasn't complete. :|
1532911151_dsc03051.jpg

jeez i don't stuff up too often :eek: but i tried picking a lump off the date on the com hp :p :D Bad move Reg. :N: :( :8
1532911283_dsc03052.jpg
1532911320_dsc03059.jpg

How do you get your coins so clean mate....Are you soaking em in oil?

You're going great mate, looking forward to seeing what else comes for you. :) :Y:

Incomplete candle stand could be repurposed as a,well you know :lol:

If you put that bad boy to your lips you will be whistling Dixie :cool:

I like the ground that you are digging in,something old and something new.

Nice :Y:

Looks like the sort of detectorists you want as competition, they certainly left a bit for ya! You got some really interesting stuff there and spending money too. All round sucess.

Cheers GDA :Y: Nah the only soaking they get is in water with a drop of dishwash. I tumble a lot these days, but there is a fine line between making them presentable and leaving the patina, an example is that 40 & 52 penny where the patina is starting to strip off. :| once you go too far you then have to clean them right up then off to the bakehouse to bring back a fake patina (colour) ;) also the baking helps guard against BD which will hit coins with the patina stripped more so than ones that haven't been stripped :Y: I have to check the tumbler every 5 mins as some coins clean faster than others. it is tedious work but i think the end result is worth the effort if you are displaying your coins. :) Oh and all copper, bronze, brass regardless of the item gets a generous coating of Dermeze before being sealed individually in snaplock money bags, again this is to halt the spread of any BD infection that may occur down the track. :mad: hope this answers your question mate. :Y:
golddiggerart said:
How do you get your coins so clean mate....Are you soaking em in oil?

You're going great mate, looking forward to seeing what else comes for you. :) :Y:

Been too wet and blustery to get out over here, so i thought i'd start a couple of projects to keep me interested. :)

Starting to put some finds into frames i've been collecting from the op shops. A little dodgy work to begin with, :| but i know i'll improve over time :p

1533698120_dsc03087.jpg
1533698161_dsc03083.jpg
1533698198_dsc03084.jpg
1533698247_dsc03088.jpg

Second project is self explanatory, thanks Brother, purchase was easy and delivery was quick. :Y:

1533698451_dsc03102.jpg

Latest posts