Squirrels Equinox Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but what is CAB. I haven't had the luxury of finding many coppers worth cleaning. Most of mine are like little wafers.

I think most refer to it as Citric acid bath, i will be corrected if wrong. However i personally refer to it as Citric Acid And Baking Soda. hence why i mentioned the soda in the previous post so as not to mislead the fellas. I'm sure GP will clarify this. :)
Dave79 said:
Sorry but what is CAB. I haven't had the luxury of finding many coppers worth cleaning. Most of mine are like little wafers.

My last belt on my trusty tumbler broke, :( so i glued it together and got the last few hunts cleaned. :Y: Now i,m down to using rubber bands until i can get some more belts ]:D

So on Sunday it was blowing it's T-ts off like it always does here :| I was supposed to be repairing shadecloth damaged in the last big blow and cleaning gutters, however it was far to blowy for either of those :brokenh: Not :D Instead, i rugged up and headed to the old town site SE of here to check out the old school site, Mrs squirrel thought i was Nuts :p Oh Oh i do have competition, :| and they beat me to it. :( careless buggers left fresh unfilled holes everywhere :mad: All they left behind was a button and 2x1c pieces :rolleyes: To cheer me up i headed south to a new permission farm site i'll call SJ2. :p It's half a k off the road with no tracks and a paddock full of lentils surrounding it :| so i braved the gale and walked across into the head wind O:) At least the walk back was gonna be a tail wind ]:D Turns out it was well worth the effort ;) :Y: ]:D Got myself another good site and a bucket lister i never expected to get from this area :party: :rainbow: 8)

1532344988_dsc03027.jpg
1532345068_dsc03028.jpg
1532345174_dsc03029.jpg
1532345256_dsc03030.jpg
1532345321_dsc03031.jpg
1532345404_dsc03033.jpg

Version 3, Stokes & Sons Melbourne, Rising Sun Collar Badge. 8)

1532345550_dsc03032.jpg

1532345600_dsc03038.jpg

The grass is real thick and about two feet tall here now Silver, :| So it's hard to get down on the deck to uncover those sweet little silver signals :N: But all is good, seeing as how it's private permissions, they will be waiting to be unearthed when the grass falls. :Y: I'm not pushing the mower in that far on foot :p :p
silver said:
Ya got it all happening there SS. 8) :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Thanks Cappa :Y: i only put coins that have had a citric acid bath in the oven mate. This is because the acid dries the coins and leeches all the colour out of them. cooking them restores the colour to the coin and then dermeze rehydrates and seals them :)
caparobertsan said:
I like your cleaning method. I think you put it in the oven after cleaning?

I've trialed a new search pattern and saved it in the user search profile. :rolleyes: It is a basic park 1 profile and then i have adjusted vol, sensitivity, tone breaks, tone pitch and tone volume so i can clearly distinguish between targets i wish to dig and targets i don't. I have kept the ferrous tone break to the lowest volume and pitch so i can swing in all metal and hear all target signals whilst not being annoyed by the constant ferrous signals. ;) this is allowing me to increase or decrease my swing speed as necessary, it also enables me to adjust the recovery speed on the fly as necessary when entering or leaving high trash areas within a given site. Unfortunately i am digging more pull tabs as a consequence, :( but the upside to this is the increase in post 46 thrippy's :) At this stage i am not going to give my opinion on whether or not it is working :p i will let the pics do the talking. :Y:

Hunt 1

So i went back over ground iv'e already swung the 505 and nox over at the old 1800's school site. The ground is very wet at the moment and the emi from underground power is radical at present, so much so, that the pinpointer is playing up severely when trying to locate targets.

1532878805_dsc03041.jpg
1532878970_dsc03042.jpg

10ct Rolled
1532879015_dsc03043.jpg

1532879198_dsc03045.jpg

1532879324_dsc03046.jpg
1532879362_dsc03047.jpg

Looking like the goods so far! I've found that my spots have come back to life with the soaking ground. Switching to field 2 with recovery speed up to 7 has also revealed a few deep coppers and silvers once the shallow trash has been cleared up.

Latest posts