Sorry for my absence

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Hi folks, firstly many thanks for the concern for my welfare, and sorry for the lack of replies to the messages I will get to them all ASAP.
I've been rather busy and off the grid for the most part.

With the muster crew and the fencing crew here there's been no need for me to be at the homestead each night and with the extended wind drought which we are hopefully finally coming out of, I've had to manually pump water at a few of our more startegic wells daily.
As they are up at the far end of the station the mines have been accomodating me plus I've been swagging it at a few wells also.

To make our water problems even harder, so far this prospecting season we've had 12 solar panels pinched, including some brand new ones I've only just installed.

Also, we have some idiot shooting anything that moves and that's kept me busy trying to catch him at the moment.

With the rolling musters I've had to move a few prospecting camps at times and the majority have been very understanding especially when they get to see some of the massive and irate bulls tied to the trees they had thier tent hitched to the day before.

This muster finishes up this week until the next one in a couple of months. So far in excess of 2000 bulls, steers and bullocks over the last 6-8 months which has taken a bit of pressure off the waters not to mention the heifers and cows.

Have met some fantastic forum members, unfortunately I haven't been able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked and for that I'm sorry.
Prospectors bringing dogs onto the station is still a problem, I know of three lost to baits so far and one of them I had to shoot which I absolutely hate having to do, especially when it is so avoidable.

Anyway, thanks again for the enquiries as to my welfare.

Cheers,

Steve

Good to hear from you mate.. your livin the dream I recon, makes me think of Clancy of the overflow.... or parts thereof. :D

Hey steve good to here from you again. I always enjoy your posts. Geez you've got it all going on at the moment. Perhaps the station needs to invest in some trailcams placed stratigically on the trouble spots. I hope it all settles down and you can get back to swingin on that patch you found.

Welcome back MT ..
Pity about he panels some people will end up stuffing it up for the rest of us that do the right thing....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Good to see you back Steve, hope you get a chance to take a well earned rest.
Shame there isn't a way to booby trap those panels, if people can take them with little chance of being caught they will. Maybe you could mount them in such a way that it would destroy them if removed? I think connecting them to half a stick of gelignite is illegal.

WELL IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME YOU GOT YOURSELF BACK ON THIS HERE FORUM!!
(yes, I am shouting)
NEVER MIND THE WIND OR WATER OR THE STOCK OR THE PINCHED PANELS, OR A MAD SHOOTER, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.
We've missed you and your input, and geez have you missed some full on skirmishes, (ones that might have got you banned too tho, :8 :8 )
It is good that you're back. So where's ya gold pictures, REALLY I know you've been looking for gold all this time,
haven't ya?, haven't ya?
Welcome back Steve. :D :lol: :lol:

Good to see you are still contributing.

Did the station hand who got hired last muster help out? Big injury last time.

The theft of property is going to count against all of us one day. I hope they are caught.

Oh just remembered I forgot to say welcome back MT :Y: now if you've got those beasts ready to roll at $400.00 a head I'll transfer the cash as soon as you let me know ]:D.

1533030638_17.jpg

BigWave said:
I'm no pastoralist RM :D

Neither am I BigWave but I do know their worth more than $400.00 a head. Depends where you are and who's buying, at the moment their bringing a good price.

Glad to have you back madtuna. Sorry to hear about the solar panels and the wind drought. The stations east of Wiluna have had the drought also.

Latest posts