Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toogoom trio said:
hey ya all
another weekend has rolled around and gunna head back to the field tomozza (sunday)
mite catch up to anyone thats there
cheers len
gday tt,... hope you find enough to do a photo shoot afterwards. :D

Hi all :D Went for a dig up at lowmead this morning.Dug in a different area than what I usually do.More orange sand than the whiter stuff.Heres sum pics
1443840001_198560f3c3c72f681443839036.jpg
1443840030_286560f3bd885f751443838936.jpg
1443840056_540560f3b37875921443838775.jpg
1443840081_786560f3cc8600451443839176.jpg
1443840135_img_1392_resized.jpg
1443840161_img_1393_resized.jpg
.I might see you there tomorrow dirty digger and toogoom trio.

hopefully find some to show Talkin my 10 yr old i need him to find the colour lol

nice doubles Rockhound and yeh hopefully well all get into some colour and shapes tomozza

i drive a single cab light blue rodeo ute
if u see me say hi

Hi all thinking of heading to lowmead tommrow for a bit of a dig, will be first time looking for gems has anyone got any advice

Hi yarrajazz. Welcome to the forum.Digging at lowmead is pretty easy all you will need is a shovel,sieve(I use a 6mm) and a smaller handtool.You will have to dig about a metre deep down to a hard base.The crystals are usually lying on or above the hard base.The place has been worked over but there are still some nice crystals to be found.Hope this helps. :)

welcome Yarrajazz ill be out with the family tomorrow out in the gold suzuki or vt commy we will catch. sounds like a good day ahead of us a few people going for a dig. Nice specy's RockHound done well nice shape an points ill bring a few specy's out to show if I remember.
:)

Hey dirty digger I will be in the purple stato with green wheels lol I am having a bit of trouble findin the dig site using google earth and old maps I found on lapidary.com

1443870682_ca201510032107122.jpg

From town of lowmead drive across two creeks (main road) still.there will be left turn in you will see a cattle grid drive over into clarkes rd drive along there about a km or so you will see cars you can't miss diggings hope it helps. Or PM me for my phone number should any other issues arise.

purple is cattle grid clarkes rd an turners rd.

Note: phone no. removed as per forum rules.

Some really nice pieces Rockhound,wish I could head up there tomorrow but have some work to do.

Hope to see lots of pics of everyones finds,good luck guys :)

All good, thanks dirty digger that helps alot, if your there before lunch u will here me coming lol subs ha ha. I got industral deafness but dont take into account how much bass travels, have u been to lowmead much. I going to make a few sives myself cause I dont know where to get them in bundy on a sunday lol but wouldnt mind catching up for a chat if I see u there

How durable is the plastic sievies I got some mouse/snake mesh I was going to make one with. Might pay to use it as a lining in plastic one to save time. Is there any time limit on how long u can stay at site. Was there thinking of getting a tent and cutting out base for a work shade

Latest posts