Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys

Does anyone have maps or directions for spring creek and soldiers settelment in bundy area?

Can't say I've heard of them DD - soldiers settlement does seem to ring a bell though.

What was found there?

New finds from lowmead.
Some deep dark smoky
1443306303_20150927_0804482.jpg
q's
1443306352_20150927_0803422.jpg

Nice sized rocks DD,.... top photo is a beauty too. :D
Was there small stuff as well, or was that the lot,... just super size,.... just asking, as maybe you're just on the edge of something huge ? :eek:

hey all
been readin this forum for about 2 months now and finally should say something
ventured upto lowmead for a dig and came arcoss KTM and his mates there for a dig
Must thank KTM for passin on a few bits of colour to my kids as it made their interest way more wanting to find more
1st day didn,t find much at all really but still gettin a feel for the place
2nd day found about 20 odd pieces of colour and enough to keep us all interested to go back
Most of all the newer diggings that i,ve sean there are up torwards the road
From the mud map that i have that i acquired from somewhere shows the digs 200 yards in from the road
has anyone dig furture in ??
FYI the whole area has been burnt out and there,s fallin trees down in a few spots inc over the road between the diggings
but on the upside whilst i was there on saturday a old guy came along with a tractor and opened the track back up
was hoping to have a chat with him but was gone b4 i got outa my hole
wooda been great for some local farmer knowledge
cheers len

that's looking like a nice little assortment of stones tt. :)
And Welcome to the forum too. :D

Hi Toogoom Trio, glad your younguns had a good time.They are the future of our hobby and we need to catch them young before

technology grabs their interest.

Looks like the Bundy gem club is going up for a field trip at the end of October so will help them have a scratch around in the hot sun.

Has a fire been thru? Might go back down this weekend be good walking around if its all burnt out..iv found crystals all throughout lowmead including in the 3rd creek crossing coming from fingerboard road (granite creek) and uptowards rosedale. My self and lefty caught up about a week ago to go to a crystal deposit iv come accrose no more then 10mins from leftys place!! We got some nice terminations was endless broken formed crystals and if you wanted could pick cracked single terminated crystals up all day. Ohh and no digging :p Both ended up with a couple nicer bits lefty was going to have a go at cutting a first ' Benarby Crystal' :)

Sounds like you and Lefty had a good day out Dedicated luck.

There was a fire just in the triangle the diggings are in. I suspect someone might have dropped a match in there.
Whilst Toogoom Trio and I were there, a what I assume was a local drove past and then came back and took photos of our number plates.

I'm thinking they were not happy about the fire. I didn't get a chance to talk with them before they took off.

Has any one tried the creeks out there the big dippers as my kids call them.the banks look like they have potential or sieved them deep.

Latest posts