Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys :)
Yes it is an awesome spot so close to home...The crabs are very hit and miss..Sometimes ypu get more than you need and sometimes not so many.But sure is a relaxing spot that makes you feel like your 1000 miles away..And only boat access which is a plus. :) :Y: :beer:

Hi All.
Those of you that followed my 705 thread would know about the silver sand pit in my back yard.I have not found a coin there for at least 18 months.. . Not from the lack of trying though.....today I got a very iffy signal that only toned every second sweep but ID was quite stable 21 to 22 and 10 inch deep....hiding was a 1921 thrip.. :)
Poor condition but most of the coins from here are poor but I'll still take it. :) :Y:
1543214222_img_20181126_49255.jpg

I have pulled out at least 50 silvers from this sand pit approx 15x15 mtrs....Full of iron nails and screws..
1543214321_img_20181126_59302.jpg
1543214365_img_20181126_38684.jpg
1543214495_img_20181126_18512.jpg
Just goes to show you never get it all :Y:

roy cobb said:
Thanks smokey that shows how well the nox works
Roy
Mate it does work well..I was convinced the 705 had got it all but I just wasnt listening hard enough..I'm sure theres a few more small ones left. :)

Hi Smokey, it has been great to read this thread.
I have a question for you. Have you been able to detect next to chain wire fences and Corrugated Iron sheds? Are you able to adjust the NOX to make this possible? It has been the bed bug of all my previous detectors and I think a lot of areas I have detected have never had these parts of parks etc searched for this reason of interference.
Cheers, Goldtrapper.

Best bet is to use the smallest coil you can get for your detector to get hard up against fencing, play equipment and buildings, and a drop in sensitivity. Out of all the detectors I've owned, the only one that really excelled at that job was the Ace 250 with a sniper coil, it found lots of coins that more expensive detectors couldn't separate out from the stronger signal. If it were me I'd be trying the Nox 6" coil in this case.

goldtrapper said:
I have a question for you. Have you been able to detect next to chain wire fences and Corrugated Iron sheds? Are you able to adjust the NOX to make this possible? It has been the bed bug of all my previous detectors and I think a lot of areas I have detected have never had these parts of parks etc searched for this reason of interference.
Cheers, Goldtrapper.
Yes mate the Nox does it well.
If you put recovery speed on 7 drop sensitivity down to around 20..You will get a tone from the fence but a coin tone will pop straight out.. :)

Goldpick said:
Best bet is to use the smallest coil you can get for your detector to get hard up against fencing, play equipment and buildings, and a drop in sensitivity. Out of all the detectors I've owned, the only one that really excelled at that job was the Ace 250 with a sniper coil, it found lots of coins that more expensive detectors couldn't separate out from the stronger signal. If it were me I'd be trying the Nox 6" coil in this case.
Not nessasary with the Nox GP unless you need to get into tight spaces... The 11 works well ..a coin cant hide next to fences foot paths or sheds the Recovery speed is just to fast :)

Mackka said:
Love the Bribie area just gorgeous.
Mackka
Yes it's a good spot mate only $6.50 per night for adult..
Love laying in bed at night listening to the water slap up against the boat and the crackle of the fire :)

golddiggerart said:
Good onya smoky....Still pulling out the goods..... You know if you drive heavy machinery over that area that anything down further will rise up... :D Just a thought. :Y:
Mate already on to it :) ..next time I hire a dingo I'm going to take off all the sand as the coins are in the hard pack clay :)

Smoky bandit said:
goldtrapper said:
Cheers, Goldtrapper.
Yes mate the Nox does it well.
If you put recovery speed on 7 drop sensitivity down to around 20..You will get a tone from the fence but a coin tone will pop straight out.. :)

Thanks for the tips Smokey.
I took the Explorer to a 1920's house that is being renovated. Unfortunately they had filled in 90% of the old verandah area. I love the explorer and was happy when in this extremely trashy area I found a penny, half penny and 1c.
Well the 800 is new and I have not been happy with it as I find all this modern stuff confusing. So I took it there today and followed your advice with sensitivity and recovery. Wallah, a penny and schilling. I then upped the recovery to 8 and out popped a 1922 thrippence and a 1c.
This area is just a deluge of rusted nails, tin, lead washers and modern screws. And these machines discriminated the area beaut!
I still had problems with interference a foot from the metal fence but I hope a 6" coil may help this.
I know I will learn to love this machine but it will take a lot of time and effort.
I am now convinced it was the correct decision to replace the explorer.

Cheers, trapper.

You will always pick up the fence mate..just remember what tone it's making and dig everything else... best thing to do would be what you have done..maybe turn down the senses to 18 or 16 around fences just to keep the depth..in my coin program when searching parks I notch out everything under 14..That eliminates alot of junk but also 5c and 10c and some 9k gold rings...but I personally can live with that..cause I'm only after coins and predec coins.when searching parks. :) :Y:

Took the Equinox back again with the 6" coil, found another 2 penneys that were absolutely encrusted from the lime mortar alkaline air and a 2c piece that were missed with the standard coil. Also I could run along the fen and sheet iron fence with the 6" coil no probs.

goldtrapper said:
Took the Equinox back again with the 6" coil, found another 2 penneys that were absolutely encrusted from the lime mortar alkaline air and a 2c piece that were missed with the standard coil. Also I could run along the fen and sheet iron fence with the 6" coil no probs.
Good to hear mate.Nothing will hide from you now :)

Good morning
What a wonderful day..Thanks Jeff :)
Had to have a swing this morning.Its amazing the things you find while detecting..I needed a new tomahawk handle...It still even got the price on it.lol
1543611231_img_20181201_27735.jpg
1543611403_img_20181201_1406.jpg
A couple of buttons. One is interesting.
1543611457_img_20181201_10980.jpg
.Toasted penny and a little crusty thrip.
That's it ....Nothing to exciting..
Cheers :) :Y:

Latest posts